Notifications
Clear all

Bumpy Forehead Texture

MemberMember
(@toronto222)

Posted : 12/16/2013 1:24 am

So in the summer I was experimenting with skin care products (huge mistake) I've had fairly clear skin my whole life with the exception of a few breakouts (very minimal and they usually went away very fast).. Anyways I never used to use products on my face.. No cleansers no moisturizers nothing.. I would just wash it and that too probably once or twice a day.. My skin has always been normal and clear until i started using products.. It started with my derma prescribing me epiduo and tazorac for my back acne he also noticed 1-2 zits on my forehead and said i could apply it there.. He did not give me any instructions and I did not really do any research before I started applying it to my forehead for a week.. I did not use any moisturizer.. Anyways It became very oily and causes more pimples.. My forehead would get SO oily i freaked out and stopped using it.. I then wanted to control my oil production so i experimented with lush and clinique (3step mild)..all which just caused my skin to burn, feel red and irritated... Anyways 4 months later I stopped using harsh cleansers I use cleansing lotions or spectroderm.. Its not red or pimply any more but the texture is SO bad... Its so embarrassing when you look at me its not that noticeable as i've been told, but in the sunlight or at a specific angle its so bumpy it looks disgusting... These bumps are NOT milia... They are too small and there is nothing in them.. They are widespread and literally cover every area of my forehead.. So there not really individual bumps just an all over bumpy texture.. Anyone Please Help!!!

Things I've tried with no luck:

-Nizoral Cream (i thought it was follucitis)

-Fucidin (has hydrocortisone)

-BHA (irritates it awell)

-Glycolic Cream 8%

-Physical Exfoliants (irritates it)

P.S my skin shifts from being oily to dry...

Should I try Differin? OR is there a better solution?

I've attached pictures (be warned its not pretty Lol)

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 12/16/2013 1:54 am

I've had the exact same experience with using products, they made my skin oily and my forehead bumpy. The bumps are probably all clogged pores, due to your skin producing more oil. Your naturally occurring acid mantle which is supposed to prevent you from getting acne and having oily skin has probably been affected from using these products. Also the skin on the face is naturally acidic, and using products makes the skin more alkaline and therefore more prone to breakouts.

I can suggest you to just go natural- cleansing with manuka honey, toning with apple cider vinegar and moisturising with jojoba oil. It could return your face back to normal and not oily anymore.

Not sure what differin is though sorry

MemberMember
(@toronto222)

Posted : 12/16/2013 2:19 am

Did using all that get rid of the bumps for you?

MemberMember
(@toronto222)

Posted : 12/16/2013 3:54 am

I've had the exact same experience with using products, they made my skin oily and my forehead bumpy. The bumps are probably all clogged pores, due to your skin producing more oil. Your naturally occurring acid mantle which is supposed to prevent you from getting acne and having oily skin has probably been affected from using these products. Also the skin on the face is naturally acidic, and using products makes the skin more alkaline and therefore more prone to breakouts.

I can suggest you to just go natural- cleansing with manuka honey, toning with apple cider vinegar and moisturising with jojoba oil. It could return your face back to normal and not oily anymore.

Not sure what differin is though sorry

?

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 12/16/2013 5:12 am

Yeah i've been using it for 2 weeks and my bumps have gone down heaps as well as oilyness

MemberMember
(@toronto222)

Posted : 12/16/2013 6:29 pm

Yeah i've been using it for 2 weeks and my bumps have gone down heaps as well as oilyness

How exactly do you use the honey? On a wet face? And is the ACV diluted with water?

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 12/16/2013 9:32 pm

Yeah its not as sticky as you'd think it works as well as any other cleanser, wet face, take some honey, cleanse and wash off. (make sure its manuka honey though, made in NZ, and has the words active or UMF on it). For acv make sure its the braggs brand and if you have sensitive skin then start diluting it at 1 acv: 4 water, if that works you can increase the acv!

MemberMember
(@toronto222)

Posted : 12/16/2013 10:03 pm

Yeah its not as sticky as you'd think it works as well as any other cleanser, wet face, take some honey, cleanse and wash off. (make sure its manuka honey though, made in NZ, and has the words active or UMF on it). For acv make sure its the braggs brand and if you have sensitive skin then start diluting it at 1 acv: 4 water, if that works you can increase the acv!

What do you think made the most difference to those bumps? The honey or the ACV.. I dont think my cleanser right now is irritating my skin..It's very mild and PH balanced.. So i just wanted something to use additional to it.. Maybe the ACV and jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@littletaxikab)

Posted : 12/17/2013 9:07 pm

I used to get these!

Those are closed comedones. I used to get them on my forehead and chin all the time. They are a result of not exfoliating enough and having hyperactive oil ducts. Your oil ducts produce too much oil, and get trapped in your skin. It's literally a ticking time bomb until they get infected and turn into real acne.

Here's what I use:

1. Wexler Resurfacing Microbrasion Step 1: Resurfacing Cream - $35 -This facewash is awesome. At $35, It's a little on the pricier side, but worth it. It has teeny little crystals that slough away the dead skin cells and bacteria from the day, leaving you fresh and clean.

2. Wexler Exfoliating Glyco-Peel - $45 -This box contains two steps

1. a container (30 days worth) 10% glycolic peel pads

2. a container of Skin Neutralizer pads.

*The glycolic peel pads sound scary, but it doesn't make my skin peel excessively or anything. It's not drastic, but very, very effective. In fact, it's my second favorite skin-care product, ever. It round-house kicks pimples in the face. It may sting your face a little.

*The Neutralizer pads are important. It counteracts the Gycolic acid, and balances your skin's Ph.

**FOR THE PENNY PINCHER: Word of advice, cut the pads in half! The pads have enough on them to cover your whole face, and you'll save money getting twice the use out of them.

Also, I use Body Benefits Loofah Bath Sponge to exfoliate my skin when I wash it. It comes in a 2-pack at Walmart for about 3 bucks.

Do that every day and you'll see a huge improvement!

MemberMember
(@toronto222)

Posted : 12/18/2013 11:35 am

I used to get these!

Those are closed comedones. I used to get them on my forehead and chin all the time. They are a result of not exfoliating enough and having hyperactive oil ducts. Your oil ducts produce too much oil, and get trapped in your skin. It's literally a ticking time bomb until they get infected and turn into real acne.

Here's what I use:

1. Wexler Resurfacing Microbrasion Step 1: Resurfacing Cream - $35 -This facewash is awesome. At $35, It's a little on the pricier side, but worth it. It has teeny little crystals that slough away the dead skin cells and bacteria from the day, leaving you fresh and clean.

2. Wexler Exfoliating Glyco-Peel - $45 -This box contains two steps

1. a container (30 days worth) 10% glycolic peel pads

2. a container of Skin Neutralizer pads.

*The glycolic peel pads sound scary, but it doesn't make my skin peel excessively or anything. It's not drastic, but very, very effective. In fact, it's my second favorite skin-care product, ever. It round-house kicks pimples in the face. It may sting your face a little.

*The Neutralizer pads are important. It counteracts the Gycolic acid, and balances your skin's Ph.

**FOR THE PENNY PINCHER: Word of advice, cut the pads in half! The pads have enough on them to cover your whole face, and you'll save money getting twice the use out of them.

Also, I use Body Benefits Loofah Bath Sponge to exfoliate my skin when I wash it. It comes in a 2-pack at Walmart for about 3 bucks.

Do that every day and you'll see a huge improvement!

Thanks for the reply!!

Was the comedomes you used to get VERY fine + hard to see unless there was really good lighting/sunlight?? My skin is not oily right now so I just wanted to be sure that its comedomes and not irritated skin..

And did your bumpy texture completely go away + How long did you have to do it for you to see results?

And just to be sure you used that EVERY day? the exfoliating scrub + peel + neutralizer? Or did you rotate between the scrub and the peel because that seems like alot of exfoliation..I know exfoliation is good but i've heard that over exfoliating your skin can be just as harmful (dry skin, over production of oil and therefore more clogged pores/comedomes) + my skin is dry around cheeks and chin..

Thanks again!!