Notifications
Clear all

A Sip Of Beer And...

MemberMember
(@chickenjoe93)

Posted : 12/15/2013 12:01 am

So my acne is pretty bad and I started taking minocycline about 10 days ago and it started to calm down a bit. Anyways, I just took a sip of Blue Moon beer and all of the sudden, my cheek/jar line acne that went away came back. I have no idea if I'm allergic to wheat or whatever in the Blue Moon. Has anybody experienced anything like this?

MemberMember
(@woodencyclone)

Posted : 12/15/2013 3:26 pm

I find it hard to believe that a "sip" of beer would instantly enflame your acne. At worst it could've done that the next morning. If this (wheat) beer -> acne issue is consistent with you, check if you have a candida overgrowth in your mouth/gut, or if you have a gluten sensitivity. Beers in general have lots of carbs and carbs get turned into sugar by your digestive system.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/16/2013 11:15 am

You'll just have to test again. And if it happens again consider other possible relations to test: wheat, fermented foods, etc. There's something that forms in aged/fermented foods that some people are sensitive to. I can't recall it's name right now. But that would mean you want to eat the freshest possible foods.