Notifications
Clear all

Water Cured My Acne

MemberMember
(@saltlakecity)

Posted : 12/14/2013 12:43 pm

Just wanted to post this in hopes that it will help someone else. I had acne for 10 years and spent a lot of money at dermatologists. I felt as if I'd tried everything, but my skin kept breaking out nearly every single day. Long story short, my husband read an article about a woman who transformed her skin by drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water each day. I didn't think it would work for me because it's "just" water and seemed too simple a solution for my persistent acne. But OH. My. Goodness. After only a few days, my skin did a complete turnaround. My acne is gone.

At no point in time did any dermatologist ever ask me how much water I'd been drinking. I did some research online and found that when your kidneys are overloaded with toxins, your body will expel them through your skin. (!!!) I've heard some people say that drinking a certain amount of water is a myth and that you should only drink when you're thirsty. Others say you should divide your body weight by half and drink that many ounces each day (i.e. someone who's 100 pounds should drink 50 ounces every day, which is about 6 glasses). From what I've experienced, that is absolutely true. Now I drink at least 6 glasses of water every single day to keep acne away.

Maybe drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water won't be a complete solution for everyone, but I am so thankful it worked for me. I'm 30 now and wish someone would have told me to give it a try when I was 21. Now that my increased water intake has stopped my skin from breaking out, I use Proactiv cleanser to help it regenerate and fade the scarring. (Well more specifically, I use a washcloth with plain old soap on it to clean the makeup off my skin, and then I use the Proactiv on the areas where acne marks are fading.) My skin looks great already and I've only been doing this for a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/14/2013 4:05 pm

Ever consider that you might have just grown out of it, like most do?