Notifications
Clear all

My Regimen Journey To Clear Skin!

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/09/2013 9:45 pm

Hi guys, my name is Rachelle and I just started the Regimen tonight! I'm not going to bore you with a long, drawn out story on the history of my skin, but I'll give you the short version.

When I was in 4th-5th grade, I hit puberty, and a lot earlier than most girls. So, I was a little 4th grader with pretty bad acne. It was weird though because the only place I would get pimples was on my forehead, so my acne has definitely changed since then. I also have more mild-moderate acne now, but back then, I had severe acne. My severe, forehead acne stayed until about 7th-8th grade and I started breaking out like I do now, more random around my entire face. I've tried literally EVERYTHING for my skin, and nothing has worked but BP. I've only ever used 10%, but I have always stopped because it dries out your skin like no other, so I'm very excited about the Regimen because I'm hoping it will be much easier on my combination skin. My skin is oily on my nose and forehead, but severely dry and gets flaky around my mouth and in the corners of my nose.

So, tonight I started the Regimen with all of my products coming from this website. I plan on doing the BP at night because I wear makeup during the day because I don't want to look like a troll doll for school lol. I also plan to try to update face pictures weekly so I can track my progress with my acne.

I did my first bout of the Regimen tonight, while trying to stick to it 100% without irritating it. I really liked how well Dan's cleanser lathered up. The BP was also good because it is a gel instead of cream, so it doesn't make your face a sickly-white color. Since my skin is on the dryer side, I added some jojoba oil (5 drops) with my two pumps of moisturizer which I plan on continuing, but it's taken an extremely long time for it to dry, and I feel a bit too over-moisterized.

I'm adding pictures from tonight of my skin without makeup, and one of my skin yesterday with me wearing makeup as well.

post-362454-0-48868400-1386643391.jpgpost-362454-0-27663400-1386643404.jpgpost-362454-0-44682600-1386643414.jpgpost-362454-0-52697100-1386643424.jpg

post-362454-0-48868400-1386643391.jpg

post-362454-0-27663400-1386643404.jpg

post-362454-0-44682600-1386643414.jpg

post-362454-0-52697100-1386643424.jpg

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/10/2013 11:24 am

Day 2!

Okay, so, I'm in the middle of doing my second Regimen (: right now, I have a few pimples that I really want to pop but I'm afraid I'll irritate my skin. They all have a head on them, so I'm thinking about doing it. I have one on my forehead, one on my chin, two on my right cheek, and one on my left cheek that I could really pop. The rest of my acne is either healing or going down or small ones coming up it seems like. The two places bothering me right now is in between my eyebrows because I have a cluster of small ones, and I have about a thousand blackheads on my nose I've never been able to get rid of. If I pop the pimples I need to pop, should I spot treat with BP? Hmmm...

Update:

I went ahead and popped the ones that needed popping, following Dan's video on popping pimples. I also used a very, very, very small amount of BP only to spot treat those that I popped.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/10/2013 8:45 pm

Good Luck. Your acne looks as if it will clear up relatively quickly with The Regimen. Don't be discouraged though if it takes a few months though. Try not to pop at all as this can seriously damage your already sensitive skin.

Keep us posted on your progress

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/11/2013 7:06 pm

Thanks, Sasch!

Day 3:

Okay, so I dunno if it's because it's about to be "that time of the month" or because the Regimen is purging my skin, but I broke out with a few more pimples. It's not bad though, just a few here and there. I've also noticed that the pimples I've gotten or had are coming to a head wayyyy quicker than normal, so I guess the Regimen is starting to take care of those pimples!

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/12/2013 8:22 pm

Day 4:

Skin is about the same as before... But today I figured out that it's easier for my skin to absorb the moisturizer + jojoba if I use one pump + 3, and then wait for it to absorb, then use another pump + 2 drops!

If nothing else changes, I'll update again on day 7 with pictures!

MemberMember
(@thephiljallen)

Posted : 12/15/2013 7:35 am

Good Luck, there is no doubt in my mind you will clear up.

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/15/2013 1:18 pm

Thank you, The PhilJAllen (: I hope I will!

Day 6:

Remember how I said I usually get severely dry skin around my mouth and my nose? Well, I haven't yet. Actually, the moisturizer + jojoba has kept it more moisturized than ever. I've actually decided (many of you might disagree with this) to start doing BP twice a day, one day early instead of starting tomorrow.

So far, my skin is clearing up, there are still a few active pimples, but they are shrinking down faster than ever. The little, tiny blackheads I get all over my nose are also disappearing and I've never used a product that's gotten rid of them before or even made them this much better. My skin still is not the best, but I think it's started clearing up. I'll post pictures tomorrow for the week mark! Too excited about what this Regimen is going to do for my skin

MemberMember
(@thephiljallen)

Posted : 12/15/2013 3:31 pm

I am glad to hear it is going well for you. I agree with the jojoba oil, not only does it have great moisturising properties but it helps with many other attributes also. I think you'll be a quick one to get clear. Hopefully, drying, flaking and redness doesn't become much of an issue for you.

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/15/2013 11:23 pm

I am glad to hear it is going well for you. I agree with the jojoba oil, not only does it have great moisturising properties but it helps with many other attributes also. I think you'll be a quick one to get clear. Hopefully, drying, flaking and redness doesn't become much of an issue for you.

Yeah, me too, we'll see in about a week how it goes regarding the dryness (:

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/16/2013 10:52 pm

Day 7:

Decided not to post pictures for two reasons... 1.) The things that have been improving with my skin you can't really see in the pictures. 2.) I think if I do pictures every two weeks, it'll be long enough to show a difference, but short enough where I update enough and I think every week will be a little much. But here's the things that have been better with my skin: overall skin texture is smoother, and my pores look significantly smaller, my blackheads on my nose are getting better, and the little tiny pimples I get in between my eyebrows are all gone and usually I have a little cluster there!

MemberMember
(@thephiljallen)

Posted : 12/17/2013 10:29 am

Good stuff. Seems all is well so far. I can see you only getting great results. If it does get tough, just think about the other side. But to be perfectly I don't think you will have much to worry about. Luckily, you have found this regimen at a young age. I'm super happy with my progress too.

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/22/2013 8:02 pm

Day 12:

My skin isn't dry, but it looks like absolute crap. I don't know if my skin is still purging, but it looks worse than the pictures from before. I mean, the spots that don't have acne look better and healthier because my pores look smaller, but Idk. We'll see how this goes. I'll add pics in two days.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 12/24/2013 12:00 am

Wishing you lots of of luck, Rachelle! I'm a long time Regimen user and I can definitely tell you that this treatment works, but there are also ups and downs along the way. I've had a rough past few weeks skin-wise too, so here's hoping that we both start seeing some major improvements soon :)

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/24/2013 10:44 pm

http://postimg.org/image/s06e988nf/

http://postimg.org/image/igwpfrl57/

http://postimg.org/image/uwtf9ieh7/

Just click on the link and push the little picture to make it bigger if it already isn't full sized, it won't let me put the attachments on here anymore.

Day 14:

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone (: I have a lot less active pimples it seems like, but since my skin purged, it looks like a had extremely bad acne because the hyper pigmentation is staying a lot longer. I can't wait until I hit one month so i can start using AHA. I feel like it looks a ton worse than my befores, but I know the 2 week mark is supposed to be rough. I know the Regimen will clear me up, it's just been a rough week. It seems like the clear patches on my face do look healthier, though. (:

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 12/28/2013 11:44 am

Day 18:

Feeling a lot better about my skin, only have about 5 active pimples that are very small right now! I have quite a bit of scarring, and I guess that's why I was having a bad week when I posted pictures. I'm experiencing some minimal drying right now, but not even close to bad. It's not bothering me. I'm so satisfied with Dan's moisturizer + jojoba combination and it's been keeping my skin at bay very nicely. (:

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 01/01/2014 7:35 pm

Lots of progress since last week. Today is the start of week 4. Here's some pics:

MemberMember
(@alexzero2014)

Posted : 01/01/2014 8:43 pm

I can't wait to start the regimen once my package comes. I noticed you're skin is looking more refreshing and I'm seeing less acne, hopefully the regimen will continue it's course n.n!!

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 01/05/2014 1:58 pm

I can't wait to start the regimen once my package comes. I noticed you're skin is looking more refreshing and I'm seeing less acne, hopefully the regimen will continue it's course n.n!!

Thank you so much!

UPDATE: My skin is getting a little bit dry, but the jojoba oil is keeping it at bay. Tomorrow will be the start of the fourth week. My acne is going away a lot faster than they normally disappear.

MemberMember
(@midnightsky05)

Posted : 01/08/2014 9:46 pm

Another Update: It's about the end of the fourth week, and the start of the fifth I believe. I'll attach some pictures to show some progress, but I feel like my cheeks are getting a lot clearer, even in a week, so I had to take more pictures. I'm still a little dry, burning skin a little when I'm putting on moisturizer, but nothing too bad!