Notifications
Clear all

New To Accutane - Rash On Neck And Under Eyes...

MemberMember
(@squirrel123)

Posted : 12/04/2013 7:46 pm

Hey everyone,

I started on Accutane 20mg about one week ago. A few days after I started on it I noticed my face became a little red and dry - this is to be expected. I also developed a small rash under my right eye, as well as on my neck. These have both been mildly itchy for the past few days. I haven't changed any products or any part of my facial routine. Hoping this isn't an allergic reaction because I really want to stay on Accutane!!

Has anyone else experience this before??

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 12/04/2013 10:23 pm

Its probably just red from dryness. Redness on Accutane is very common. Now Im not a doctor and you dont have a picture so thats just my guess.

MemberMember
(@steve0asdf)

Posted : 12/05/2013 4:37 am

Has anyone else experience this before??

Thanks!

I've found that over the four months I've been on accutane, many things have changed. I get the almost ubiquitous lip dryness of course - not a problem and you certainly get used to it. But something else I've noticed is that the way in which my skin heals up from a lesion (or a little cut) has changed as well, and seems to have speeded up in some respects. However, my skin is more easily aggravated, an effect that a lot of people seem to get.

Interestingly, I developed a mildly itchy rash on the back of my hands a couple of weeks ago, which was not too bad, but a bit odd. Never had that before! It's gone away on it's own now... File under slightly weird but true.

Steve.

MemberMember
(@dan12345)

Posted : 12/05/2013 7:36 am

On about my 10th week I ended up with rashes all up my arms. Doctor said its completely normal and I got rid of it just by moisturizing my arms whenever I moisturized my face. Should clear it up in a couple of days to a week if you moisturize the areas more.