Notifications
Clear all

Food Rotation For Systemic Inflammation

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/20/2013 8:30 pm

Today I saw my doctor (integrative) for my ongoing hormonal & digestive issues. She believes I have systemic inflammation and all the symptoms for leaky gut (this I already figured out). She gave me a hypoallergenic diet to follow for 3 weeks, which contains some fruit. I wasn't sure if the fruit included would be ok, since I have issues with histamines. She also said I have to ROTATE foods every day - eat different foods from the list each day otherwise I might develop intolerance for foods that I could tolerate before. This is scary, since I have a list of "safe" foods I eat every day to keep my symptoms at bay.

Another thing she recommended was to start using the sodium chloride drops a naturopath had given me 2 years ago. I was using them on and off, but when I started getting hives I stopped everything I was taking (including vitex, which I never had issues with before) because I didn't know exactly what was raising my histamines. She said those drops might help with acidity. Anyone heard of that? I got them from Europe, and it was a custom remedy - I couldn't find them here.

Myomin was also recommended to filter out excess estrogens. Anyone heard of it???I'm guessing it works kind of like DIM, but she recommended this one instead.

Also, she told me to keep using glutathione supplements to help with healing. The problem is that l-glutathione only works short term for me, then I have to take a break. I started taking Free Radical Defenze for both glutathione and to lower histamines. The ingredients are:

- Catalase, Superoxide Dismutase (SOD- useful for mast cells), protease, alpha lipoic acid, and glutathione. ---> how does this sound?

And here are the foods I'm supposed to pick and choose from each day. Is there anything on the list that might cause problems (e.g. beans, lentils - even if they are not canned?)? I'm supposed to follow it for at least 3 weeks, then begin to reintroduce foods.

Apricots

Arrowroot

artichokes

asparangus

bacon

beef, beef weiners

beets <---Might raise histamines???

blueberries <--- might raise histamines?

carrots

cherries <--safe?

vegetable shortening/ milk-free oleomargarine

chicken

ginger ale

ham (boiled)

kidney beans

lamb

lettuce

maple syrup or cane syrup

navy beans

olive oil <--- I use grapseed, I think it's better but should I stop using it for a while?

sugar (cane or beet only)

pineapple

plums <-- These give me gas, I should prob avoid

poi <-- what is this???

potato chips

prunes <-- cause gas

lentils

salt

soybeans & soy milk (not sure about this, if I also have estrogen dominance)

sweet potatoes

tapioca (whole or pearl, not minute) <---- Where can I get plain tapioca?

turkey

vanilla extract

rice

water

yams

soybean sprouts

white vinegar <--- I thought all vinegar should be banned to prevent candida overgrowth?

white soda (?!?!)

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 11/24/2013 5:10 pm

I would avoid all soy, as it's almost certainly GM even if labelled GM-free (field contamination etc). Soybean oil and soy sauce included. Other legumes like peanuts, beans, and lentils could also cause problems. These are not meant to be eaten by humans and have many anti-primate defense mechanisms (in nature) such as prickly spines in the bean casings themselves as well as thorns all over the plants (have you ever walked through a soybean field? Don't). On a molecular level, it's mostly due to lectins (I think) that cause all sorts of havoc in your body.

I think the food rotation thing is a good idea. I myself am going to be trying it come December. I have found safe foods to be fruits, vegetables, whole cuts of meat, basically the whole paleo thing. Rice sometimes causes me problems if I eat it too many days in a row, which is why I'm doing the food rotation thing. I would stay away from ginger ale, and really all sodas, as well as all added sugars. All sugar comes from the cane or the beet, including table sugar, so it's redundant to clarify that as in, it's not any better just because it says 'cane sugar', so don't be tricked. I would stay away from potato chips as well, and eat sweet potatoes sparingly. Cherries and blueberries should be fine, although I remember suspecting cherries (and apples) of causing an immune reaction at one point for me. I don't think anything came of my suspicion.

I would also recommend colostrum, which helped me with my food sensitivities and messed up immune system. I have received permanent benefits from this, though not a total cure - it's much better. Results can be seen by the end of 2-3 weeks. I used maybe half a teaspoon or less once a day in my smoothies.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/25/2013 11:52 am

I would avoid all soy, as it's almost certainly GM even if labelled GM-free (field contamination etc). Soybean oil and soy sauce included. Other legumes like peanuts, beans, and lentils could also cause problems. These are not meant to be eaten by humans and have many anti-primate defense mechanisms (in nature) such as prickly spines in the bean casings themselves as well as thorns all over the plants (have you ever walked through a soybean field? Don't). On a molecular level, it's mostly due to lectins (I think) that cause all sorts of havoc in your body.

I think the food rotation thing is a good idea. I myself am going to be trying it come December. I have found safe foods to be fruits, vegetables, whole cuts of meat, basically the whole paleo thing. Rice sometimes causes me problems if I eat it too many days in a row, which is why I'm doing the food rotation thing. I would stay away from ginger ale, and really all sodas, as well as all added sugars. All sugar comes from the cane or the beet, including table sugar, so it's redundant to clarify that as in, it's not any better just because it says 'cane sugar', so don't be tricked. I would stay away from potato chips as well, and eat sweet potatoes sparingly. Cherries and blueberries should be fine, although I remember suspecting cherries (and apples) of causing an immune reaction at one point for me. I don't think anything came of my suspicion.

I would also recommend colostrum, which helped me with my food sensitivities and messed up immune system. I have received permanent benefits from this, though not a total cure - it's much better. Results can be seen by the end of 2-3 weeks. I used maybe half a teaspoon or less once a day in my smoothies.

Thanks for the advice. I was a bit puzzled about soy and beans being on this list, as they cause problems for some people. The doctor said none of these foods should cause problems, but I'm being cautious about it. I don't have any issues with potatoes, but I should try not to eat them as often due to developing a possible sensitivity.

What kind of colostrum are you taking? Is it in powder form?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 11/25/2013 2:11 pm

Yeah it's powder, I get mine from immune tree because they're the only third party certified company that I've come across. I've found that it works quite well.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/25/2013 5:33 pm

That doesn't look anything like any hypoallergenic foods list I have ever seen. And it's not a particularly healthy list either. Cane syrup? Hot dogs? Ham?

And margarine & crisco are just plain bad foods. Do not use them.

If I were you, I'd try avoid all seeds for a while, but that will make it hard to get enough protein & calories cheaply as the safe proteins are expensive. Even pastured eggs can be really expensive. I get duck eggs free most of the time, but I've noticed lately at the farmers market that people selling eggs from totally pastured hens want as much as $7 per dozen for them. I don't know how to compare that price to the cost per pound of meat or fish.

Lima type beans & the lentils are safer choices than kidney, although it's easy to prepare beans properly and combine them with foods that bind up the harmful lectins.

Poi is a Polynesian dish made from a root. Taro, I think. Look for Tapioca in Asian & Central/South American sections/stores. Tapioca is aka cassava which is what they tend to call it in Africa and I don't know where else, and Yuca, which is what they call it in Central America.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/29/2013 7:11 pm

I noticed extreme sleepiness after consuming certain foods, usually large amounts of protein. Surely, that's a digestive issue right? I think it has more to do with the amount of protein and/or carbs, not so much the food because I pretty much rotate the same safe foods every few days.