Notifications
Clear all

Colorless Tiny Bumps All Over Forehead

MemberMember
(@alexaellen)

Posted : 11/20/2013 7:42 am

Hi everyone,

I have had these small, colorless bumps all over my forehead for about 1 year and a half to 2 years.

The bumps are flesh-colored and do not itch, hurt, and there is no discomfort besides the fact they make my forehead look uneven. They can only be seen close up or in sunlight or light (btw, in the light they look a bit pink but are still flesh-colored). My skin is rough and bumpy due to the numerous number of these tiny bumps scattered across my forehead.

I have never had severe acne and the stage where I usually get my "acne" as a teen has only started out with these small bumps.

I currently use a face wash for dry skin and have used Bubble and Bee's cucumber face wash but have not seen any change, and have switched to the sensitive skin cucumber Bath and Body Wash face wash (which did not help either) because the clerk working there recommended it for my skin. I have tried improving my diet to get rid of these bumps by drinking more water and eating leafy greens, but have not seen any change whatsoever.

I am planning to see a dermatologist, and in the meantime I posted this in hope that anyone who has had these bumps would be able to have some advice. smile.png I have sensitive and combination skin, but my forehead is currently free from oil because it's winter now. Has anyone found a solution to these bumps (change in diet, face wash, exfoilation?)?

I know this an acne forum and I figured this may land in the mild to moderate acne. If this is not, please feel free to lead me in the right direction.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help !

P.S. Excluding meat or any kind of food besides sugar isn't really an option for me because I'm still a growing teen ha

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 11/20/2013 1:57 pm

It sounds like comedones, they can be treated with manual extraction, b.p., topical retinoids or chemical peelings. I had a facial that extracted most of them and now i use duac and aha to treat the remaining ones and stop new from forming. Since your skin is sensitive perhaps it would be better to ask your derm what is more suitable for your type of skin.

MemberMember
(@cynthiaaaa)

Posted : 11/21/2013 10:16 am

I have the same! They just refuse to go away....I think it's clogged pores of some sort, but definitely harder to treat than whiteheads. I always find myself thinking "OMG are they visible" "can people see them" but i'm always too insecure to ask anyone. They're not visible inside or under dim light (yaaay evening parties! :D) but I know when i'm out in the sun my forehead looks like a mountain range :/ I've never had a facial but considering getting one cause DAMN these things are stubborn! Hope you find a solution xx