Notifications
Clear all

Treatment For Nose Scars

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/09/2013 5:57 pm

I've been incredibly discouraged hearing about how difficult it is to treat scarring on the nose. All four of my scars are on the bottom half of my nose (but before the tip). They include an icepick, a couple boxcars, and a roundish one. They are all in a line and I hate them so much I can't stand it.

I was really liking things like TCA Cross and subcision to spot treat my scars but I've heard they don't have much effect. Laser resurfacing sounds so effective but I'm concerned about the cost and the risk of darkening of the skin. Is there any lasers which are safer for darker skin? (I have medium brown skin). I don't want to try anything like fillers or grafts that are temporary because the thought of having to have my face constantly retouched is so depressing to me. I just want my skin back to normal or at least better.

Please please please share with me any information or anecdotes you may have on treating scars on the nose area, especially with what scars it was successful for and how much it cost, either per scar or for the whole nose area.

I'll try uploading a picture later because it's so hard to find proper lighting.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 11/10/2013 9:29 am

Topic moved to scar/red mark treatment. Please be aware of which forum you are posting in, in the future. You are much more likely to receive a response here from those who have suffered similar facial scarring.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/10/2013 4:24 pm

Topic moved to scar/red mark treatment. Please be aware of which forum you are posting in, in the future. You are much more likely to receive a response here from those who have suffered similar facial scarring.

Whoops! Sorry about that. Definitely will be more careful in the future, thank you.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 11/10/2013 5:24 pm

Whoops! Sorry about that. Definitely will be more careful in the future, thank you.

Don't worry about it! It's more for your benefit than anything. Apologies if I sounded quite stern. I'd just woke up... grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 11/11/2013 12:09 am

I've been incredibly discouraged hearing about how difficult it is to treat scarring on the nose. All four of my scars are on the bottom half of my nose (but before the tip). They include an icepick, a couple boxcars, and a roundish one. They are all in a line and I hate them so much I can't stand it.

I was really liking things like TCA Cross and subcision to spot treat my scars but I've heard they don't have much effect. Laser resurfacing sounds so effective but I'm concerned about the cost and the risk of darkening of the skin. Is there any lasers which are safer for darker skin? (I have medium brown skin). I don't want to try anything like fillers or grafts that are temporary because the thought of having to have my face constantly retouched is so depressing to me. I just want my skin back to normal or at least better.

Please please please share with me any information or anecdotes you may have on treating scars on the nose area, especially with what scars it was successful for and how much it cost, either per scar or for the whole nose area.

I'll try uploading a picture later because it's so hard to find proper lighting.

If you massage them with avocado oil or rosehip or rooibos oil 15 minutes everyday for 1 year

you will notice definite improvement.

You can mist them during the night with cocoa butter or shea butter if you dont have breakout problems.

I also suggest you cut back the acid forming diet and begin juicing as it helps the body renew the tissue.

Because it is on nose you may need cartilage support so i suggest topically comfrey ointment

and internally dr christophers comfrey powder.

Be patient.

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 11/11/2013 7:44 am

>>I've been incredibly discouraged hearing about how difficult it is to treat scarring on the nose. All four of my scars are on the bottom half of my nose (but before the tip). They include an icepick, a couple boxcars, and a roundish one. They are all in a line and I hate them so much I can't stand it.

If you massage them with avocado oil or rosehip or rooibos oil 15 minutes everyday for 1 year

you will notice definite improvement.

You can mist them during the night with cocoa butter or shea butter if you dont have breakout problems.

I also suggest you cut back the acid forming diet and begin juicing as it helps the body renew the tissue.

Because it is on nose you may need cartilage support so i suggest topically comfrey ointment

and internally dr christophers comfrey powder.

Be patient.

Hi mate, what about hyperthropic scar on nose? I read a lot about rosehip oil, and it is supposedly excelent for hyperthropic scars. You can read more about m problem here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/334673-very-desperate-need-help/#entry3391081

I have one scar that is 1 month old, and another scar that is caused by castic acne that is 5 year old, and was microdermabrasioned 2,5 years ago. However, nurse went further and left me with bigger scar.

What do you think about micropore tape? Would it flatten the scar as well?

I have also been thinking about using single needle on my hyperthropic scar(s), needle it few times, then push the scar, and then perhaps tape it with vitamin E and micropore tape?

Before I even heard about needling scars, I used to do it at home, back 4-5 years ago, I did it about 4 times overall, and it never made my scar on nose worse, actually, it made it somewhat flatter with better texture.

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/30/2013 2:33 am

bump for nose scars, do fillers not work too?

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 12/01/2013 12:35 am

They might, but unfortunately I don't feel comfortable having things injected into my skin. :( It just creeps me out and they have to be constantly refilled. I'm looking for a more permanent solution I suppose, something that will cause the skin to heal itself for good.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/02/2014 12:47 pm

Id go with Fraxel and Fractional lasers for acne scarring

Your picture you uploaded with the scarring though is not bad at all, in fact if mine were like yours i would leave them.

good luck in anything you try.

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/10/2014 11:58 am

Hi guys. I have this indented scar on my nose. I attached a pic but my phone cam is not that good to focus on the scar, but in person it is big and deep. Any suggestions? I am more on natural methods please. Oh and anyways would it help if i massage rosehip oil on my deep scar? Thank you. i attached some pics here. :) hoping for your help guys. :)

Heres the pic. :)

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/10/2014 6:08 pm

Thank you for the reply poppyw. I was just a silent reader before at acne.org but now im breaking my silence because I want now to heal. Would it be the same in our nose? I heard nose heals differently and does not do well with massaging. I really want this to heal. It irritates me and blocks me from doing social stuffs with people. Do you know someone who had success treatig their nose scar? :)

They might, but unfortunately I don't feel comfortable having things injected into my skin. :( It just creeps me out and they have to be constantly refilled. I'm looking for a more permanent solution I suppose, something that will cause the skin to heal itself for good.