Notifications
Clear all

Blood In Urine While On Accutane

MemberMember
(@trolleycoach1329)

Posted : 11/08/2013 6:07 am

Hello all!

I'm a 19 years-old guy, and I'm taking Accutane (more precisely Acnecutane, but it's almost the same thing-isotretinoin) since 10/10/2013. About 10 days later I felt that sometimes I started (sorry for the details...) urinating harder than usually (but mostly without any pain, and only at the beginning of a urination). And today (11/08/2013, on the 30th day) it was more harder, and I suddenly discovered that the last drop was red (but only the last one). Later I read that this can be the side effect of taking Accutane, but isn't the common one. Is this a signal to stop taking IMMEDIATELY?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, it isn't the native language for me.

Regards, Gerald

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 11/08/2013 9:41 am

Yes stop immediately and call your physician immediately! Blood in the urine can be serious/ infection etc!

Good luck

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 11/08/2013 12:18 pm

I have never heard of this so it certainly isn't common. If I was you I would stop taking those pills until a medical professional has checked this out.

MemberMember
(@trolleycoach1329)

Posted : 12/11/2013 2:51 pm

Till now, I'm still risking to take it. The problem remains, but isn't so severe. The hard starting (and very rare bleeding after voiding) occur only when I don't drink sufficiently fluid or don't void for a long time (4-5 hours), and after taking a bath, all the symptoms disappeared for about 5-6 days. So I think it is a side effect due to drying my urethra with accutane. And what do you think?

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 12/11/2013 3:01 pm

I wouldn't take any chances that's not normal at all!!

MemberMember
(@xcharliex)

Posted : 12/11/2013 3:25 pm

This can be a sign of kidney damage or infection, you are a fool if you continue without consulting a doctor

MemberMember
(@sunsetblvd)

Posted : 12/11/2013 10:49 pm

If you were smart you would stop immediately, obviously iso reacts terribly with your body and will probably turn into a serious problem if you don't stop now.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 12/12/2013 10:30 am

You do realize that Accutane can dry your urethra up permanently! Just look up Nathan Carr, not to mention it could be something very serious that if you continue you won't be able to reverse the damage. Not to mention Accutane is not a guarantee, your acne can come back after treatment.

Can you live with possibly kidney, bladder, urethra damage, not to mention those health problems can cause sexual dysfunction and so on......

MemberMember
(@hydrobog)

Posted : 12/12/2013 11:24 pm

At the very least call your doctor. Blood in your urine is 100% indicative that something is not right.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 12/13/2013 11:51 am

This can be a sign of kidney damage or infection, you are a fool if you continue without consulting a doctor

x2. Stop.