Notifications
Clear all

Why Is My Face So Red?

MemberMember
(@admiredmuseum)

Posted : 11/07/2013 1:16 am

20 year old male. Sometimes I break out and sometimes I don't. Honestly, this is how it goes down. I have clear skin and then I go out on the weekend, party/drink a lot/barely sleep at all and then by Tuesday I am breaking out. By Friday I am clear again and the process repeats itself. Terrible I know. Anyways, I am using Differin 0.3% every night and Acanya every morning. Mousturize morning and night. My face seems to always be red. I don't know what it is. I am barely ever in the sun (work indoors) and on top of that the mouisturizer I use in the morning has spf 35. I really don't like my red face. I am guessing it is due to the Differin? I really would like to stop using the acne products altogether and just wash my face morning and night and that't it but I really don't want to break out really bad? My brother had acne until he was about my age but it went away and now all he does is wash his face, no products needed, and he has perfect skin. Should this work for me too?

MemberMember
(@vixxen)

Posted : 11/08/2013 3:37 pm

When I was on differin it made my skin extremely red and it peeled a lot, I hear it's normal but I couldn't stick with it. I'm on Benozyl Peroxide now and the difference it has made in just 4 days is amazing.