Notifications
Clear all

Is It Just Me Or Is America Slacking On Skin Care Products?

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 11/01/2013 6:37 pm

Every great product I've been referred to has been something out of the country with no way to ship it here to consumers in the states. Why is that??

It seems like every over-the-counter face wash and moisturizers have big skin no-nos in them. Not cool America, not cool.

A great example would be French Dalibour Water (also found in Mexico). I've heard it is practically a miracle cure for a lot of skin problems. That and some sort of zinc ointment.

Does anyone know of a product like that here in the U.S. or somewhere that ships great stuff like that?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/01/2013 7:23 pm

Check out Image Cosmetics. It's US based and they have a new line called Ormedics that's natural...or at least more natural than most. It's helped me restore my skin's PH and hasn't caused any irritation in the 3 months I have been using the cleanser and night cream.

Skinceuticals also has some good products but they are expensive. Unfortunately, the good brands I know are expensive, but at least they are worth it.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/01/2013 9:43 pm

Every great product I've been referred to has been something out of the country with no way to ship it here to consumers in the states. Why is that??

It seems like every over-the-counter face wash and moisturizers have big skin no-nos in them. Not cool America, not cool.

A great example would be French Dalibour Water (also found in Mexico). I've heard it is practically a miracle cure for a lot of skin problems. That and some sort of zinc ointment.

Does anyone know of a product like that here in the U.S. or somewhere that ships great stuff like that?

Funny you say that, because I know a lot of people OUTSIDE the U.S. that are trying to get products from the U.S. and can't. For example chemical peels are apparently hard to come by outside of the states.

As for zinc creams:

Margarite Zinc Cream for Problem Skin on Amazon and PipingRock.com

Zinc Repairing Facial Cream on Dermstore

Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Cream (has zinc in it)

If you're going by EWG or other eco groups standards of "no-nos", you might want to read this Chicago Tribune article before banning every ingredient from your medicine cabinet.

As for Alibour's Water...

Alibour was a Frenchman. Eau d'Alibour literally means "water of Alibour" or in English idiom, "Alibour's water." The solution of zinc and copper sulfates which Alibour described should be so designated. To call it "Dalibour water" is a misconception, for the "d" is not a part of the name but is the contracted form of the preposition by which the possessive idea is expressed in French. Burow's solution the French would write as "liqueur de Burow." In translating this from the French it would be incorrect to say "De burow solution." Likewise, one should not say "Dalibour water" but should call it "Alibour's water."

It's a mix of zinc sulphate (7 parts), copper sulphate (2 parts), saffron (0.4 parts), camphor (9 parts) and distilled water (900 parts). As far as I've heard, it's basically just an antiseptic. There are lots of different antiseptics, honestly I don't believe this is anything special...but if you really think it's a miracle cure, you could easily mix your own, the ingredients are easily obtainable.

MemberMember
(@41deuil-la-barre)

Posted : 07/07/2015 6:40 am

Hi, Stephanie.

I did some recherche about Dalibour water.

Dalibour water-definition of Dalibour water by Medical dictionary.

Dalibour water- an astringent solution, composed of copper sulfate1% and zinc sulfate 1.5% in camphor water 2.5%; water to 100%.

It's a very good solution. I use it for Hongkong foot ( Athlete foot )But it's good for many other thing ( acne- eczema- psoriasis- pimple- etc. etc.)

I'm in Australia and I get the solution done by in a compound pharmacy (AU$ 35.00 for a 50 ml bottle ) I'm sure you can have it done in the US.

I did try many product for years,nothing worked . Until I find Dalibour water. It was a miracle for me.

I hope the solution will work for you as well than it did for me.

Regards