Incorporating A Ser...

Notifications
Clear all

Incorporating A Serum Into The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@almanac)

Posted : 10/20/2013 6:44 pm

I'm on my 13th week on the regimen and I've been completely clear for almost a month I think, which I'm really happy about. My skin is just left with a lot of dark hyperpigmentation marks where all my acne used to appear on my face and I really just want to get rid of them. I've been using AHA every 2-3 days for the past 3 weeks and I've yet to see an improvement (it does, however, help with flakiness and skin texture which I love). I was wondering if it would be okay to use a serum that will treat help fade my hyperpigmentation and if so, how could I incorporate it with the regimen eg. Could it be used along with BP?

The serum I'm looking at is a 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid serum ( http://www.timelessha.com/products/20%25-Vitamin-C-%252b-E-Ferulic-Acid-Serum.html ).

I currently use BP twice a day (2 full pumps), although just recently I've occasionally used only half a pump in the morning when I plan to wear makeup that day. I want to gradually stop using it in the morning somehow though.

Advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@aspiringtree)

Posted : 11/13/2013 12:07 pm

After my skin cleared up from the regimen I had a LOT of hyperpigmentation left so I started using Mario Badescu's Vitamin C serum as well as MUAC mandelic acid peels once a week. I put a thin layer of the serum on the skin after cleansing at night and leave plenty of time for it to fully absorb into my skin before putting the BP over top, and then my moisturizer (which also contains AHA). I've been doing this new routine for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed a large improvement in my skin. Just make sure to wear sunscreen esp if you're using the vitamin c!

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 11/18/2013 2:29 pm

I've heard that rose hip seed oil and Shea butter both work well for hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@almanac)

Posted : 11/21/2013 10:50 pm

After my skin cleared up from the regimen I had a LOT of hyperpigmentation left so I started using Mario Badescu's Vitamin C serum as well as MUAC mandelic acid peels once a week. I put a thin layer of the serum on the skin after cleansing at night and leave plenty of time for it to fully absorb into my skin before putting the BP over top, and then my moisturizer (which also contains AHA). I've been doing this new routine for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed a large improvement in my skin. Just make sure to wear sunscreen esp if you're using the vitamin c!

Thanks for the response! I ordered a Vitamin C + E serum by Cosmetic Skin Solutions, which is a cheaper dupe of the highly acclaimed Skinceuticals serum. I've read that vitamin c serums tend to be ineffective once it oxidises, so when I get my serum I will only be able to use it for about 2-3 months, depending on how quick it oxidises. You can tell by the change of colour, since it is initially clear and will turn yellowish when it oxidises. I've heard about the Mario Badescu Vitamin C serum, and I wanted to know what colour is the liquid?

MemberMember
(@aspiringtree)

Posted : 11/22/2013 9:37 am

Thanks for the response! I ordered a Vitamin C + E serum by Cosmetic Skin Solutions, which is a cheaper dupe of the highly acclaimed Skinceuticals serum. I've read that vitamin c serums tend to be ineffective once it oxidises, so when I get my serum I will only be able to use it for about 2-3 months, depending on how quick it oxidises. You can tell by the change of colour, since it is initially clear and will turn yellowish when it oxidises. I've heard about the Mario Badescu Vitamin C serum, and I wanted to know what colour is the liquid?

The serum is clear! I haven't heard about the ineffectiveness once it oxidizes, I will have to keep that in mind.