Notifications
Clear all

Working At Taco Bell?

MemberMember
(@remyhelps123)

Posted : 10/13/2013 6:44 am

I've just relocated to a new city and am going to be getting a new job but after all the applications I've sent in, I still can't seem to find a place that wants to hire me. So I'm thinking about making the joyously fun jump into working at a fast food joint.

My skin is in pretty good shape right now and I realize that this is counterproductive but beggars can't be choosers. My QUESTION that will not stop ricocheting back and forth in my head though is...

What fast food place would be best to work at as far as airborne bacteria is concerned?

I was thinking Taco Bell since a lot of their "meats" come out of tubes and tortilla chips are served instead of fries. I would apply to a sub shop but I'm thinking my chances are higher with the common league of extraordinary grease buddies.. McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell and maybe Pizza Hut.

Any thoughts on this? I'm all ears and appreciate your responses. :)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/13/2013 7:08 am

oh yeah, avoid the massive fryer places...Taco Bell sounds like the best of the lot, you want to avoid extreme heat too and a lot of sweating

Good luck and I hope the next step of your career happens for you soon

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 10/13/2013 9:10 am

Airborne bacteria? thats not how acne works - the bacteria involved is p.acnes which is naturally present in all human skin. Increase in sebum production allows and overgrowth of the normally harmless bacteria. :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/13/2013 12:36 pm

What about Subway?

MemberMember
(@oceanic)

Posted : 10/13/2013 1:16 pm

XXYY is right about the bacteria concept. The oil and grease might be bothersome though. I would avoid working at fast food places because of that unless I had absolutely no alternatives (that's legal haha!). Though, I did work at my uni's dining hall and did okay but it wasn't a really greasy environment and I didn't cook food.

Yeah maybe Subway would work? Starbucks? You could try "healthy" fast food places (like Garbanzo's or Chipotle) or places that make a lot of sandwiches/ subs where you don't really fry stuff. Or ice cream/smoothie places, like Dairy Queen or Jamba Juice. Bakery places, like Panera might also be okay.

Good luck on your job hunt. :)

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/13/2013 11:20 pm

I've done my share at greasy fast food joints, and honestly it's not the heat, grease, or airborne bacteria that will make your acne worse.

Honestly, unless you're a cook, you're not really in contact with that much grease. Even after a whole day at the fryer, it's mostly your own sweat you have to worry about (if you think extra sweating breaks you out.) And any of the major chains are super clean compared to most family owned restaurants...

Added stress or using the employee discount on the food will, though. So don't stress about it and don't eat the food smile.png

Paradoxically, at my own local shops, I see the MOST acne in staff at:

Subway

Dairy Queen

Panera Bread (sandwiches and soup)

Jamba Juice (fruit smoothies)

And actually don't see a whole lot of acne at McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's. Although the staff at the healthier ones have more attractive bodies / better appearance, they still have more acne than the greasy joints. It's so odd to me that someone that looks like McDonald's hired them out of the homeless shelter can have the most perfect skin imaginable!

Probably a useless bit of info, but I guess I don't have anything else better to do with my time than stare at people's faces wink.png

MemberMember
(@solaire)

Posted : 10/14/2013 2:46 am

I worked at Taco Bell. Never broke me out but... It sucked. I know you're trying hard to get a job and not much is coming your way but I would defiantly not suggest on working there or at any fast food place. It usually isn't that fun and comes with stress. I was one of the guys making food and when we got busy I was sweating my ass off, it can get pretty hot next to those warmers and fryers. But do what you gotta do!

P.S. Didn't really understand your concern with airborne bacteria.