Notifications
Clear all

Oil Cleansing/clogged Pores - How Long Till Recovery?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/12/2013 12:51 am

Hi everyone,

Recently (2 weeks ago) I cleansed my skin with castor oil, twice, two days apart. I broke out within a few days into masses of comedones all over my face - pretty much everywhere (no cysts). Some of them are big enough to squeeze out. But there are thousands of tiny ones, only visible when I stretch my skin under the right light, that give my skin a bumpy texture. I don't know if the castor oil is responsible, but it seems like a likely candidate.

I'm on tretinoin right now, and have been for the last 1.5 months. I am wondering how long it will take to get over this breakout. Does anyone have experience with a similar kind of thing? Is the castor oil really responsible? Could it be something else - I was scrubbing my skin quite roughly to get dead skin off (from tretinoin), perhaps this triggered this massive breakout?

Please share your experiences :)

MemberMember
(@mindall123)

Posted : 07/23/2014 5:28 pm

Sorry I know your post is old but this exact thing happen to me. I have tiny bumps all over my face and I've had them two months now due to oil cleansing. I just wanted to know if they went away? How long? And how did you treat it? Any help would be soooo appreciated.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/23/2014 6:01 pm

Sorry I know your post is old but this exact thing happen to me. I have tiny bumps all over my face and I've had them two months now due to oil cleansing. I just wanted to know if they went away? How long? And how did you treat it? Any help would be soooo appreciated.

i heard for oil cleansing you use a gentle cleanser after it ? did you do that ?

MemberMember
(@mindall123)

Posted : 07/23/2014 6:23 pm

Yes, I steamed my face and used a gentle cleanser afterwards. I went from having no acne at all to tons small bumps. It looks like this. (Pic attached) I've had them for two months now.post-409669-0-35823100-1406157786_thumb.

post-409669-0-35823100-1406157786_thumb.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/23/2014 7:08 pm

Yes, I steamed my face and used a gentle cleanser afterwards. I went from having no acne at all to tons small bumps. It looks like this. (Pic attached) I've had them for two months now.image.jpg

what oil did you use or brand ?

MemberMember
(@lovelyplot)

Posted : 07/24/2014 7:49 am

I've tried several different kinds of oil and did ocm for over 6 months and I always felt like it clogged my pores. My skin tone looked good but I always had small bumps under the skin. I think it just doesn't work for everyone

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/24/2014 3:58 pm

OCM is a hit or miss for many. I personally think if you're acne prone, skip this.

MemberMember
(@mindall123)

Posted : 07/25/2014 4:39 pm

I used hemp oil and jojoba and it clogged my entire face. So annoying. Now two months later I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of all these tiny bumps.