Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Soooo im new to this whole forum thing so yeah hiiiiii smile.png

I started accutane on the 30th september this year, so 8 days ago. The dermatologist put me on 10 mg every second day, I weigh around 40 kg, Ive read many other forum posts and i have not seen anyone with such a low dosage.. My acne is defiantly not mild, i'd say moderate to serve. Secondly my dermatologist said my course will only be 4 months, and with such a low dosage I really dont think it would be enough to cure my acne problem. Next month I go up to 10 mg every day, then for the third month I go up to 20 mg every day. Why am I on such a low dosage, and will it still be effective??? I am yet to experience any side effects, however I did get a sudden ear infection the other day which im now on antibiotics for, and yesterday I woke up and my eyes were gunky and had a thick/ish clear discharge coming from them, and my eye is completely red.. is this accutane related???

Thank you smile.png

Hi! I weight around 40kgs too and I took accutane for a year! 10mg everyday. After that I remained clear for two years and starting breaking out mildly again and went on another course for 5 months