Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Fish Oil?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/07/2013 4:04 pm

Should I supplement with fish oil, while on Accutane? Im asking because fish oil is high in vitamin A.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/07/2013 4:08 pm

Cod liver oil is high in vitamin A, but most "fish oils" or "omega 3 oils" aren't cod liver oil. There is a difference. Check the labels first, when in doubt check with your dermatologist. From what I remember when I took Accutane, Vitamin A is to be avoided but oils in general not necessarily so.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/07/2013 5:10 pm

Cod liver oil is high in vitamin A, but most "fish oils" or "omega 3 oils" aren't cod liver oil. There is a difference. Check the labels first, when in doubt check with your dermatologist. From what I remember when I took Accutane, Vitamin A is to be avoided but oils in general not necessarily so.

Sorry about this; I checked the label and 5g is like 33% of the daily recommended dosage of vitamin A. Ill be fine.. Thanks anyway.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/08/2013 2:21 pm

Please check with your doctor as I remember my own dermatologist advising me to not supplement with any Vitamin A while on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@anthony22)

Posted : 10/09/2013 4:51 pm

When I was on Accutane I took a multivitamin that had no Vitamin A, and took fish oil with no Vitamin A. For me it definitely was beneficial, in the early stages of me taking Accutane my knees were slightly hurting. As soon as I took the multivitamin and the fish oil, I never experienced that problem again. But as Brandy mentioned above, talk it over with dermatologist first just to be safe.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/10/2013 8:35 am

When I was on Accutane I took a multivitamin that had no Vitamin A, and took fish oil with no Vitamin A. For me it definitely was beneficial, in the early stages of me taking Accutane my knees were slightly hurting. As soon as I took the multivitamin and the fish oil, I never experienced that problem again. But as Brandy mentioned above, talk it over with dermatologist first just to be safe.

I really would like the name of that multivitamin. :)

MemberMember
(@anthony22)

Posted : 10/10/2013 4:08 pm

On 10/10/2013 at 7:35 PM, Ballen said:
On 10/10/2013 at 3:51 AM, Anthony22 said:

I really would like the name of that multivitamin. smile.png

This is the one I used https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004GL1CWY/

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/10/2013 5:38 pm

On 10/11/2013 at 3:08 AM, Anthony22 said:
On 10/10/2013 at 7:35 PM, Ballen said:
On 10/10/2013 at 3:51 AM, Anthony22 said:

I really would like the name of that multivitamin. smile.png

This is the one I used https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004GL1CWY/

Thanks. I found the same by searching for "multivitamin without vitamin a". Thanks! :)