Notifications
Clear all

Are Whiteheads Consider Purging?

MemberMember
(@jo1n)

Posted : 10/01/2013 7:47 pm

I have dry flaky skin on my chin and nose due to accutane. I have been off accutane for a couple years now, but i think the side effects are still lingering around. I am currently using jojoba oil to help with the dryness, but I keep getting whiteheads around my chin area. Does this means that jojoba oil is clogging my pores and causing these whiteheads? Or does it mean that I am purging? I have been using the jojoba oil for three days so far. How do I prevent whiteheads from showing up? Do I simply just exfoliate with a scrub regularly due to the dry skin and flakiness? Or the I solve the dryness first?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/01/2013 11:22 pm

Probably clogging pores. I would stop using it. Jojoba oil also tends to dry the skin by reducing sebum production. I would recommend a hydrophilic moisturizer such as CeraVe.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2013 11:56 pm

I have dry flaky skin on my chin and nose due to accutane. I have been off accutane for a couple years now, but i think the side effects are still lingering around. I am currently using jojoba oil to help with the dryness, but I keep getting whiteheads around my chin area. Does this means that jojoba oil is clogging my pores and causing these whiteheads? Or does it mean that I am purging? I have been using the jojoba oil for three days so far. How do I prevent whiteheads from showing up? Do I simply just exfoliate with a scrub regularly due to the dry skin and flakiness? Or the I solve the dryness first?

Oils in general are not actually moisturizing. Oils are sealants. They seal off your skin from losing moisture it already has, but they do not actually add moisture to the skin.

Remember that oil does not equal moisture. Moisture is related to water retention. You can have oily and dehydrated skin at the same time. Or moisturized skin that is not oily.

You will need a moisturizer with good humectants. Humectants attract water to the skin. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion is a good, light moisturizer that sinks into the skin. If you want something a little heavier, they also make a CeraVe Moisturizing Cream.