Notifications
Clear all

Please Help

MemberMember
(@kane60166)

Posted : 09/24/2013 3:19 am

I really don't know where to begin and I've never done anything like this before. I'll start by saying I'm 37-years-old and although I've never really struggled with facial acne, the body acne is becoming so severe that I literally fear for my health. I'm past all the embarrassment of even wearing short sleeve shirts and have accepted the fact that I'll probably never be able to take off my shirt and go for a swim. At any given time I have several severe, deep wounds mainly on shoulders, arms, back and even thighs, but certainly not contained to just those areas. My family physician has prescribed antibiotics and like most of you, I seriously thought they were probably doing more harm than good, especially taking into consideration that they did very little for the acne. I really don't know where any dermatologists are locally - I live in a very small town. I don't even think I could afford going, but God knows I've been plagued by this long enough. I work with second-grade children and if they ever see a place (which I do everything I can to hide it) they ask what happened, etc. I'm sure many of you have experienced the same, but people look at you like you're sick. I've never tried Accutane and I'm sure it's expensive but again, I'm so ready to knock this out; not necessarily for reasons of vanity, but health and safety. It's a wonder I'm not constantly sick with practically open wounds covering a great deal of my body. Please, please if you know anything that could help or can just point me in the right direction I'd be forever grateful. I wish each and every one of you success in your endeavors....No one should have to live like this. Thanks for reading and thanks for any and all advice.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/24/2013 7:26 am

well we are here for you....search sea salt baths on this site and give that a try - a good way to treat your whole body

and since accutane didn't work for me (but it works miracles for 99%), I really had to try to find the triggers- for me it was wheat and dairy - so try to eliminate dairy for 30 days and see if that helps

but start working on your search, maybe it's BP, maybe SA, maybe it's sulfur based products, but I like to attack acne on a few fronts, diet included

good luck to you, we've all sufferred here, and we'll help you on your journey, but do get started on the sea salt baths if you can, that alone helps

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 09/24/2013 8:44 am

Hi :-) you are not alone we are here for you! Are you located in the uk? You should ask your doctor for a referral to a dermatologist who in turn should give you accutane especially if its that severe. Hang in there! Here if you need a friend to talk to who understands x