Notifications
Clear all

Polysporin!

MemberMember
(@gymrat3)

Posted : 09/23/2013 3:11 pm

I've been using this stuff minimally for around 2 months now. I only use it on a pimple I've popped or one that is just coming in. It seems to heal the popped pimple in a day or 2, and reduces the redness. If you notice a new pimple coming in right off, use this and from my experience, it will disallow it from becoming a whitehead and even prevent it from coming in period.

If anyone knows actual facts about this stuff...is it true that it's bad for your skin or whatever if you continue to use it for awhile? I use it very minimally. Once or twice a day, mostly on scars or red spots.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 09/23/2013 3:18 pm

Gymrat3, Isn't that ingredient in Neosporin? I've used neosporin once in a while on spots and it helps my skin also. I've read that because it does a great job at killing bacteria, but it also kills the good bacteria that naturally heal acne and things like that. I don't think it is detrimental to your skin, but you might build up a resistance to it.

MemberMember
(@ishly)

Posted : 10/08/2013 9:03 am

I've been using this stuff minimally for around 2 months now. I only use it on a pimple I've popped or one that is just coming in. It seems to heal the popped pimple in a day or 2, and reduces the redness. If you notice a new pimple coming in right off, use this and from my experience, it will disallow it from becoming a whitehead and even prevent it from coming in period.

If anyone knows actual facts about this stuff...is it true that it's bad for your skin or whatever if you continue to use it for awhile? I use it very minimally. Once or twice a day, mostly on scars or red spots.

Thanks

Polysporin mixed with some kind of benzoyl is a pimple killer! It will leave the area it was used on EXTREMELY dry so be warned. It is a topical antibiotic, so like sunnysarah said, you will build up a tolerance to it over time.