Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Low Dose Question

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 09/22/2013 6:14 am

Hey guys. I've been on 10mg for 1 month and 20mg for a month and a half now. I was wondering if it takes a lot longer to clear while on a low dose. I have been tempted to call my derm and ask for an increased dose because i am still breaking out. Can anyone who has had experience with low dose accutane let me know of their own experience.

Many thanks

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 09/22/2013 12:27 pm

Low dose accutane takes abit longer time to clear.

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 09/22/2013 4:59 pm

it took me 4,5 months to clear. It did not help at the end anyway but 4 months is about when you will see the change.:)

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 09/22/2013 11:01 pm

it took me 4,5 months to clear. It did not help at the end anyway but 4 months is about when you will see the change.smile.png

Firstly thank you for the reply 🙂 what do you mean by it did not help at the end? did your acne come back? also what dose and how long were you on it for?

thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@samcro)

Posted : 09/23/2013 3:55 pm

Hey guys. I've been on 10mg for 1 month and 20mg for a month and a half now. I was wondering if it takes a lot longer to clear while on a low dose. I have been tempted to call my derm and ask for an increased dose because i am still breaking out. Can anyone who has had experience with low dose accutane let me know of their own experience.

Many thanks

Hey Cloitus,

Taking a low dose will indeed take you longer to reach your recommended culmative dose, which stands at between 125-150mg for every kg you weigh.

So if for example you weigh 80kg,

then 125 x 80 = 10,000

divided by the dosage you wish to take, lets say 40mg, so,

10,000 / 40 = 250 days, or 35 weeks, or 9 months.

So in short yes, it will take longer, but then the trade off is you have less severe side effects. I have taken all manner of dosages myself, from high to low&long and I find personally the latter to be more beneficial to me.

Please feel free to drop me a message or look at my profile etc if you think I can help you in any way.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Rob

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 09/23/2013 7:03 pm

it took me 4,5 months to clear. It did not help at the end anyway but 4 months is about when you will see the change.smile.png

Firstly thank you for the reply smile.png what do you mean by it did not help at the end? did your acne come back? also what dose and how long were you on it for?

thank you so much!

I was on it for 7 months. The dose was 20mg for all of the months except one which was 30mg. So I was on low doses. My acne returned 1 months after I stopped the treatment and it returned as bad as it was before I started the accutane. On top of that I had 6 month worth of hair loss but it is all recovered now:) Dan's regimen does the trick for me now. If you have any questions ask or look at my blog entries. Good luck!!!:)))