Notifications
Clear all

Will I Ever Have Good Skin?

MemberMember
(@numerousfact)

Posted : 09/02/2013 6:52 pm

Hi,

This is my first post. I am a 53 year old man who has always been hung up about his skin. I had severe acne on my chest and back. The acne on my face was kept under control. I obsessed about not scarring. Sadly I have a few scars and hope to get them fixed. But this has been my plan for 30 years and I have done nothing seriously about it except for a few peels years ago. And peels are not permanent.

My skin looks okay sometimes. If I protect it from the sun it looks its best. If I don't protect it my skin looks very ruddy and uneven! UGHHH!!! The sun does a number on it. Maybe if I protected it from the sun all these years it would look a lot better.

I just saw myself and I hate what I see. I don't know if I will ever look good again. I am afraid to post photos because I am so hung up. I am also worried a friend might find me through google. LOL PARANOIA!!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Does anyone have any pointers on keeping my skin looking it's best? Sun block and moisturizer are two steps I can think of. Oh yes, lots of water and eating lots of greens.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/03/2013 11:50 pm

Hey! You have definitely come to the right place. There is a lot of support here, it has gotten me through the toughest times. It seems like you are doing all you can to protect your skin on a daily basis. Loving and accepting yourself is also important.

If you want to add more steps to your skin care, maybe look into a gentle toner or a night moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 09/04/2013 12:55 pm

Research lavender oil. Supposed to do wonders mixed into your regular moisturizer.