Notifications
Clear all

Stretch Marks And Prp?!

MemberMember
(@srammer)

Posted : 09/02/2013 1:59 pm

I have really faint, shallow stretch marks on on inside of my left arm. They are about 12 years old from a growth spurt and they drive me mental.

I've literally looked at every treatment there is, so far it seems a 'cure' is some what out of reach at the moment, which I find so upsetting and hard to believe, but I guess that means there is still hope.

I'm considering professional derma roller + prp treatment. There are lots of clinics in Florida and a few in the UK.

--- I'm still waiting to hear back from an PRP expert friend in Florida, and a GP from the UK whom I have to call tomorrow.

Has anyone tired this treatment?

Here is an example of one of the clinics in Florida, the website could due with looking more together though, as it comes off at 'sketchy'.

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@srammer)

Posted : 09/04/2013 9:49 am

Just got off the phone with one of the clinics...

I don't think would recommend this route to anyone at all at the moment.

When I asked perfectly reasonable questions about how well the treatment worked the man seemed to 'dance' around the question. Not a good sign. He also used really unintelligent analogies to describe how it worked, which put me off. And then he abruptly ended the conversation with 'well i really gotta run'... neutral.gif

Do I think it might improve the look maybe a little, sure. But don't think it will completely eradicate stretch marks as promised. eusa_liar.gif

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 09/04/2013 2:16 pm

There are actually case studies done on the effectiveness of retinoid combined with a collagen builder like Vitamin C serum on stretch marks. Maybe you could try that for about a year and see how much it improves. That would be the cost effective solution.

You can dermaroll at home. Just make sure you sanitize properly and take care of the area immediately after rolling. Again, a collagen builder like Vitamin C serum and copper peptides would work in combination with dermarolling.

I also have stretch marks on the inside of my arm. I tried Fraxel Repair a few months ago and it helped a little bit with the scarring, but now I see a loss of skin elasticity in the area....wrinkling of the skin. Not even remotely worth the cost. It's possibly because the skin was too delicate/sensitive for the setting used. Lasers are supposed to be the best way to treat stretch marks, but I would try a fractional laser before something as invasive as Repair.