Notifications
Clear all

My Progress Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 08/25/2013 9:15 pm

Hey guys just wanted to keep everyone updated on my recent progress on accutane. I havene't broken out in 5 days which is a record for me!! So you could say accutane is working. It has been 6 weeks now. 4 weeks on 10mg and 2 weeks on 20mgs. I am going to be on 20mg for the next 10 months. I weigh 76kgs and am male.

Just wanted to tell this to people if they are struggling for improvement on accutane. YOU WILL EVENTUALLY CLEAR!! :) just give it time to work. I was lucky and it is finally starting to have an effect after a month and a half.

good luck everyone, stay strong :)

miawmiaw liked
MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/25/2013 10:26 pm

congrats! out of curiosity, why such a long term/low dose course? just to lessen the side effects?

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 08/26/2013 2:29 am

congrats! out of curiosity, why such a long term/low dose course? just to lessen the side effects?

Yeah. I tried accutane around 5 years ago for the first time and experienced major side effects. I could barely walk and i was 18. I couldn't extend my elbows and knees. only till liek half way and every joint on my body cracked when i moved it.. it was pretty scary at the time. After 1.5 weeks on a dose of 40mg i called my derm when it got to that point of i'm getting of this stuff ASAP! she asked me if i wanted to lower the dose at the time but i said no way! it took around a month for the me to function again properly. the sides still lingererd around for a few months after but it was bearable. So 5 years later i've rolled the dice but this time taking as much caution as i possibly can.

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/26/2013 9:24 am

Yeah. I tried accutane around 5 years ago for the first time and experienced major side effects. I could barely walk and i was 18. I couldn't extend my elbows and knees. only till liek half way and every joint on my body cracked when i moved it.. it was pretty scary at the time. After 1.5 weeks on a dose of 40mg i called my derm when it got to that point of i'm getting of this stuff ASAP! she asked me if i wanted to lower the dose at the time but i said no way! it took around a month for the me to function again properly. the sides still lingererd around for a few months after but it was bearable. So 5 years later i've rolled the dice but this time taking as much caution as i possibly can.

Yikes! Well that awesome that you're seeing results and tolerating the side effects this time!

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 08/31/2013 8:25 am

Quick update: getting a couple big pimples now :( finally though it was working and it's getting worse again.. Arghhhh I guess it isn't that simple and u suddenly become cured. This is going to be a longer journey than I thought. Still overall breakouts are less severe and still got stuff dry guck coming out of my face. Onto my 8th week now!

MemberMember
(@remym)

Posted : 08/31/2013 9:03 am

Think I'm permanently scared away from harsh drugs. I'm assuming you've tried everything else?

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 09/03/2013 1:13 am

Yeah I've tried eveything under the sun before accutane! Just happy I'm not getting any bad side effects so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Are u thinking about accutane?