Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cloitus

My Progress Of Accutane

Hey guys just wanted to keep everyone updated on my recent progress on accutane. I havene't broken out in 5 days which is a record for me!! So you could say accutane is working. It has been 6 weeks now. 4 weeks on 10mg and 2 weeks on 20mgs. I am going to be on 20mg for the next 10 months. I weigh 76kgs and am male.

Just wanted to tell this to people if they are struggling for improvement on accutane. YOU WILL EVENTUALLY CLEAR!! :) just give it time to work. I was lucky and it is finally starting to have an effect after a month and a half.

good luck everyone, stay strong :)

congrats! out of curiosity, why such a long term/low dose course? just to lessen the side effects?

Yeah. I tried accutane around 5 years ago for the first time and experienced major side effects. I could barely walk and i was 18. I couldn't extend my elbows and knees. only till liek half way and every joint on my body cracked when i moved it.. it was pretty scary at the time. After 1.5 weeks on a dose of 40mg i called my derm when it got to that point of i'm getting of this stuff ASAP! she asked me if i wanted to lower the dose at the time but i said no way! it took around a month for the me to function again properly. the sides still lingererd around for a few months after but it was bearable. So 5 years later i've rolled the dice but this time taking as much caution as i possibly can.

congrats! out of curiosity, why such a long term/low dose course? just to lessen the side effects?

Yeah. I tried accutane around 5 years ago for the first time and experienced major side effects. I could barely walk and i was 18. I couldn't extend my elbows and knees. only till liek half way and every joint on my body cracked when i moved it.. it was pretty scary at the time. After 1.5 weeks on a dose of 40mg i called my derm when it got to that point of i'm getting of this stuff ASAP! she asked me if i wanted to lower the dose at the time but i said no way! it took around a month for the me to function again properly. the sides still lingererd around for a few months after but it was bearable. So 5 years later i've rolled the dice but this time taking as much caution as i possibly can.

Yikes! Well that awesome that you're seeing results and tolerating the side effects this time!

Quick update: getting a couple big pimples now :( finally though it was working and it's getting worse again.. Arghhhh I guess it isn't that simple and u suddenly become cured. This is going to be a longer journey than I thought. Still overall breakouts are less severe and still got stuff dry guck coming out of my face. Onto my 8th week now!

Yeah I've tried eveything under the sun before accutane! Just happy I'm not getting any bad side effects so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Are u thinking about accutane?