Notifications
Clear all

What To Do? How Severe Is My Acne?(Pics)

MemberMember
(@alpha2)

Posted : 08/21/2013 3:07 am

Hello guys! I have known of this site for a while and occasionally look through the forums about accutane. I myself have severe acne. Which bothers me from a scale of 1 to 2 out of 10. I don't really let it get to my daily life, but do wish it to disappear like everyone in the world.

I am a male and currently 19. I sweat more than the average person.

Can a family doctor prescribe accutane? do blood work and etc?

How often do people check up with the doctor?

How much is the price of generic accutane? and the length of time people usually take it?

Thank you very much! biggrin.png

-Alpha2

post-216277-0-91519400-1377072293_thumb.

post-216277-0-99739700-1377072319_thumb.

post-216277-0-91519400-1377072293_thumb.

post-216277-0-99739700-1377072319_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/21/2013 6:15 am

not sure where you live, but in the USA one would go to a dermatologist to treat acne

they will usually start with antibiotics and topicals, and if you fail to improve on those then they move to accutane

in my opinion you want to be seeing a dermatologist, not a general practitioner if you go on accutane - just as a precaution you want someone who actually is very familiar with the side effects

so if you haven't seen one yet, it's time to book an appointment with one...if it takes a month or two to get in, then try the acne.org regimine, many have had success

and do yourself one other favor, just do one diet change, drop dairy for a month (no milk, cheese or ice cream) and see if that helps too

good luck to you, and welcome to the forums!

MemberMember
(@alpha2)

Posted : 08/21/2013 2:19 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I live in the Santa Monica, California. I know people go to a dermatologist for help. I see your point.

I prefer not to go through with tropicals and antibiotics due to the many of people who has seen no results.

Has anyone got accutane prescribe as a first option due to severe acne? and do you think my acne is that severe that a derm would let me get accutane and skip the tropicals and antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@alpha2)

Posted : 08/22/2013 12:57 am

bump

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:14 pm

I would say mild acne. Get it treated before it gets worse! I regret so much not treating mines before it became a disaster..

MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:54 pm

I have basically the same as you buddy. It doesn't bother me too much, unless I have an event. Then ill be like why is my face like this.

You will need to see a dermatologist. And prices of generic brands are cheap considering you have health insurance.

I did a course of antibiotics which cleared me up perfectly, but what you have to remember is that they are temporary. My acne became resistant and no longer responds to topicals.

I am now on a course of 4mg accutane, month 3 and so far so good. Personally I would just bite the bullet and go for it. Wish i hadn't waited all this time because now I have a lot of red marks and scars.