Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
umaid619

Vitamin A And D

I use to be an idiot and read somewhere online that taking in 50,000 iu of vitamin A daily will get rid of purple marks/pink marks, so i did this for about 3 months...and my skin became so sensitive, it wasn't helping the marks at all, so i stop'd it, this was awhile ago, and my marks remained the same, if not worse.

However recently i went on a holiday where it was about 35-to 40 degrees, and i sunbathed a lot, (with sf30 where the marks where) and since i've been back its been 2 weeks and my skin feels a lot thicker and just back to its usual self, the marks have decreased by 80% (this is without my tan) so i'm just curious as that i must of been very vitamin D deficient all those months...because A lowers your D levels a lot, and i was taking in such high IU which was stupid of me.

Any thoughts to this? i could be wrong! but i can't think of any other theories....

I use to be an idiot and read somewhere online that taking in 50,000 iu of vitamin A daily will get rid of purple marks/pink marks, so i did this for about 3 months...and my skin became so sensitive, it wasn't helping the marks at all, so i stop'd it, this was awhile ago, and my marks remained the same, if not worse.

However recently i went on a holiday where it was about 35-to 40 degrees, and i sunbathed a lot, (with sf30 where the marks where) and since i've been back its been 2 weeks and my skin feels a lot thicker and just back to its usual self, the marks have decreased by 80% (this is without my tan) so i'm just curious as that i must of been very vitamin D deficient all those months...because A lowers your D levels a lot, and i was taking in such high IU which was stupid of me.

Any thoughts to this? i could be wrong! but i can't think of any other theories.

was your vit A intake thru pills or food? im curious because im currently eating alot of carrots for vit a to help with some acne.

i had some foods rich with vitamin A, but it was mostly Pills, which is why it had an awfull affect on my body and skin

i had some foods rich with vitamin A, but it was mostly Pills, which is why it had an awfull affect on my body and skin

im srry to hear dat/. what was the effect on your body and how long after did your skin get better after stopping the vit a