Notifications
Clear all

Face Ruined

MemberMember
(@yeunee)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:56 pm

So I used to have clear skin a few months ago. It was horrifying to wake up one day to see these tiny bumps all over my face. I tried to identify what these are, but I failed to do so. Anybody know what these things are?

The weird thing was that they weren't really noticeable unless my face was exposed to strong lighting or if I stand under a source of harsh light. These bumps were flesh-colored, and they were really persistent... I've tried using a lot of products on my face and they still refused to go away. They're making my face really really rough if I run my fingers through them and it seems like there are a MILLION of them on my face! It doesn't look that way in the picture because the lighting wasn't really strong, but it's much worse if I just stand under the mirror with my lights turned on.

Anybody knows how to get rid of them? It's affecting me really badly and my confidence level has hit an all time low. I just wish that I could have my face back and I'd do anything to get rid of them... if I knew what they were. sad.png

post-212437-0-50661100-1376938559_thumb.

post-212437-0-50661100-1376938559_thumb.

MemberMember
(@lindsey4546)

Posted : 08/19/2013 3:30 pm

They look like small papules. These are probably questions you have already asked yourself, but in case not, here are some questions to think about... A few months ago when you started to break out abruptly, had you switched makeups, moisturizers, laundry detergent, fabric softener or dryer sheets? Have you started/stopped/switched birth controls recently? Effectively removing all of your makeup at night? Moisturizer too oily? Overdrying ur face with astringent? Using facial scrubs or cleansing brushes? Excessive sweating? Applying greasy sunscreen? Stressful period in your life? Any variables changed in ur skincare routine? I had abrupt bad skin eflare ups like in your pictures a few years ago, and it was caused by my switching of birth controls and using too gentle of a cleanser that wasn't removing all of my makeup before bed (and I thought I was doing the right thing by using this gentle cleanser!) Well I hope you and ur dermatologist can figure out a plan that works for you.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:47 pm

These are definitely papules, mixed in with a couple pustules. The above^^ questions are great things to be asking yourself, and double-checking. I know how hard it is to go from having to clear skin, and overnight it seems like your skin just freaks out! It can be very frustrating. \

Have you tried the Acne.org Regimen? I personally do not have experience with it because my skin is super sensitive to anything (including BP), but there are many people on here that have had tremendous success with it!

My acne is mild/moderate, and the regimen I use (see signature) has been helping. I get a bunch of tiny papules on my forehead, that seem to last forever, so I know how you feel. BHA is a great chemical to help open your pores and allow your skin to release toxins. I'm thinking of starting Paula's Choice BHA Salicyclic Acid 2% Clarifying Serum to get rid of those pesky bumps. Papaules are so frustrating because they take forever to come to a head, and most times they don't, so they just sit there on your skin. Whatever you do, DO NOT pop them, or attempt to squeeze them! That will just make them more aggravated, and increase the size of the bumps. I've learned that the herd way...

Also, have you thought about going to a dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:05 pm

1.-Go see a doctor

2-ask Differin xp

3-???

4-Profit.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:18 pm

Differin in the night and Duac in the morning will clear you up in some weeks.

MemberMember
(@yeunee)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:58 pm

A few months ago before all of this happened, I went to switch my cleanser and started using this new moisturizer I bought and even started applying this gel that was supposed to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads. I guess that could be the trigger and it was a huge mistake, because beforehand I had never broken out like this before. I have went to the dermatologist, but all he did was to prescribe me some antibiotics and get me some oratane which didn't get rid of these things, and when I went back, he told me that I'd have to be prepared to live with these things for months. I've been getting desperate trying out new stuff hoping to see improvement in my skin or at least some hope to clear up my skin.

I tried to steam them and then squeeze them, and white hard things would come out of these spots but after that they get inflamed and stay red for weeks! Since then I've just learned to leave them alone, and now I'm stuck of thinking what I should do. I will try getting a Duac and Differin. Would Paula's BHA 2% gel help? :/

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:25 pm

well im no derm but maybe its something you are using? List everything you currently use on your face. But if its really getting to you- seeing a derm who can properly treat you may be best because this is just a form. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/20/2013 6:31 pm

I get those too. It's usually a reaction to new products, and it happens gradually so you barely notice it at first. Also, do you wear your hair down (if you are female)? The oils from the hair can also cause this, especially while you sleep if your hair gets in your face.

What helped me was finding a good esthetician who does extractions (a professional can do it with minimal irritation) and then disinfects with high frequency. Yesterday I tried blue light treatment to get all the pimples to the surface, and then followed that with red light to help calm down inflammation and soothe the skin. You can probably get this done at a dermatologist's office or at a good spa. The key is to find someone who is clean and not overly aggressive with extractions.

MemberMember
(@yeunee)

Posted : 08/21/2013 1:34 pm

Yes yes it happened at the sides of my face first, then it spread down and now I see flesh colored bumps EVERYWHERE on my face. It is so demoralizing and hurting ): My dermatologist only asked me to steam my face and then extract the stuff with a blackhead remover, and that was what I did a few days ago and now my whole face HAS RED SPOTS ALL OVER! I also put down my hair and I use a lot of hair serums which might also have contributed to this, so now I am putting my hair up almost everywhere I go. However, my condition has worsened since I tried to extract these things (yes some white gunk do come out when I squeezed them but after that they turn red and sits on my face)

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/21/2013 4:44 pm

Yes yes it happened at the sides of my face first, then it spread down and now I see flesh colored bumps EVERYWHERE on my face. It is so demoralizing and hurting ): My dermatologist only asked me to steam my face and then extract the stuff with a blackhead remover, and that was what I did a few days ago and now my whole face HAS RED SPOTS ALL OVER! I also put down my hair and I use a lot of hair serums which might also have contributed to this, so now I am putting my hair up almost everywhere I go. However, my condition has worsened since I tried to extract these things (yes some white gunk do come out when I squeezed them but after that they turn red and sits on my face)

I find that whenever I tried to extract one of those bumps, two more come back in it's place. Which is rather frustrating to say the least. Your dermatologist should at least have given you something to help with inflammatory acne. My regimen has definitely helped reduce the tiny papules on my face. Half my forehead is clear of them, and now half my chin as of this week. Now I'm just left to deal with the other halves haha. I'm 6 weeks into the process, hoping the next 6 show even more improvement.

Like Wish said, you should probably go to a professional to get extractions. I know whenever I try to go at it on my own, I end up making a bigger mess than what was already there.

MemberMember
(@yeunee)

Posted : 09/05/2013 6:21 am

Guys, just an update... apparently the flesh colored bumps have multiplied again. Oratane doesn't make them go away... I'm just wondering is this close comedonal acne?

post-212437-0-21832100-1378379998.jpg

post-212437-0-21832100-1378379998.jpg

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/05/2013 4:53 pm

It could be. Have you asked a dermatologist about it? It looks like an allergic reaction to me - I get those bumps from certain foundations that block my pores, and sometimes I also get them if I eat a lot of junk food. They are hard to get rid of, even if you exfoliate.

MemberMember
(@yeunee)

Posted : 09/09/2013 9:02 pm

New update, guys. After doing a bit of research here and there I realized the bumps on the skin might be due to fungal folliculitis, I decided to give Nizoral a try and I applied Nizoral on my face in the day and at night. After 2 applications, the bumps on my skin are almost gone! :D Cheers!

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/11/2013 10:37 am

Wow OP, way to go. I haven't experienced what you've gone through but it sounds annoying as hell.

Here's to hoping it stays away hifive.gif