Notifications
Clear all

Options For Treatment If Accutane Doesn't Work 🙁

MemberMember
(@pasquino)

Posted : 08/14/2013 10:58 pm

Could anyone please outline for me alternatives if Accutane doesn't work? It is not that Accutane is not clearing my skin, but that I am getting severe headaches, exhaustion (sleeping 15 hours +), and long-bone pain (aside from the achiness) after only 10 doses of 30mg Absorbica. (4 days in I stopped because the headaches were so bad, and after 3 days off, continued taking it for another 6 days) My Derm basically suggested that there are no real, substantive options if Accutane doesn't work, and that I can't continue with the severity of my symptoms. :( I have been moved to 20mg, but have not started it yet. I would greatly appreciate any input. Needless to say, I found whole experience quite disheartening. :(

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/15/2013 12:02 am

Im taking Absorbica right now too and I was getting headache which I didnt get with Claravis last time I took it. Im about 2 weeks in now and they seemed to stop. Ive just been drinking a ton of water. Those are pretty common side effect though and they usually go away after your body adjust to it. Do what you feel is best bust Accutane is the best treatment out there right now.

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:21 pm

Dan's regimen works. That was the only thing, after accutane failed, that helped me.

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:46 pm

Try Spironolactone its for hormonal acne but I think it might work. My aunt was on 3 course of Accutane and it did nothing for her but when she went on Spironolactone it cleared her right up.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 09/16/2013 1:01 am

Hello Pasquino I was on accutane 2 different courses and had similar side effects in 1996 and 1998 both times the benefits were gone within 2 days of stopping. The overall best treatment for even severe acne is a broad spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic taken daily.these work much better than the tetracyclines macrolides sulphanimides or antimicrobials. I will give u the list of best cephalosporins for acne. Duricef 500 mg twice a day is the most common perscription from derm.other best ones are ceftin cephalexin vantin omnicef spectracef ceclor cedax velosef.the most important thing u have to do once u get your antibiotic perscription is take 400 mg of ibuprofen DIRECTLY with each antibiotic dose a total of 800 mg a day.trust me your acne will be gone for sure until u develop resistance down the road to your antibiotic then u switch immediately. If your dr. Is cool he will let u fill 2 perscriptions and switch between them every 2 weeks minimizing or at least delaying resistance.you wont be disappointed this works better than accutane anyways good luck!