Notifications
Clear all

Raised Scar From Cyst On Side Of Nose...what To Do?!

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:18 pm

Sorry if I'm being vague, I typed up the whole thing and the site crashed without me copying it....:

About 1.5 months ago I got a cyst in the crease of my nose where it meets my cheek. I was an idiot and tried to pop it, even lance it, so it became very inflamed...thus I got a cortisone shot which worked wonderfully...however 2 weeks later, it re-inflamed to about 60% of its original size.

I got another shot which also worked nicely, however it slowly began to re-inflame again after a week. After my 3rd shot, the swelling seemed to disappear, however I am left with a slightly raised bump that is faded dark red in color. It is about the size of a squished, elongated skittle (sorry, only comparison I can think of lol).

I heard vaseline is good for any type of scar, so should I use that or is there a chance that it might irritate it? I'm scared to death though to even touch it because Im afraid I am going to deal with inflammation again, as a cyst in that location makes even the smallest amount of inflammation extremely noticeable.

It's currently and has been painless for a little less than a month. I really do not think it should come down to surgery, because I think I should definitely give it more time to see if it heals....also that might leave me with a worse scar. What do you guys think I could do?

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:27 pm

Absolutley nothing. It will not last forever.

Or, go back to derm.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/14/2013 9:29 pm

Sorry if I'm being vague, I typed up the whole thing and the site crashed without me copying it....:

About 1.5 months ago I got a cyst in the crease of my nose where it meets my cheek. I was an idiot and tried to pop it, even lance it, so it became very inflamed...thus I got a cortisone shot which worked wonderfully...however 2 weeks later, it re-inflamed to about 60% of its original size.

I got another shot which also worked nicely, however it slowly began to re-inflame again after a week. After my 3rd shot, the swelling seemed to disappear, however I am left with a slightly raised bump that is faded dark red in color. It is about the size of a squished, elongated skittle (sorry, only comparison I can think of lol).

I heard vaseline is good for any type of scar, so should I use that or is there a chance that it might irritate it? I'm scared to death though to even touch it because Im afraid I am going to deal with inflammation again, as a cyst in that location makes even the smallest amount of inflammation extremely noticeable.

It's currently and has been painless for a little less than a month. I really do not think it should come down to surgery, because I think I should definitely give it more time to see if it heals....also that might leave me with a worse scar. What do you guys think I could do?

Hi, i had monstrous zits on my nose countless times. They left me raised bumps. After 3 months they are still there though the color faded. Im still trying to figure out how to flatten them. I would love to get my nose back......

Trust me, ive searched the internet for remedies. I searched acne.org.

To be honest, in acne.org most people dont get giant pimples on the nose that leaves them raised bumps so they dont really know anything. If you searched here, there are topics about it but they are "incomplete" meaning they never really ended with a conclusion. Surgery on the nose is really very risky. Like really really SUPER RISKY. Nose skin tends to heal outwards rather than inwards. So if you make a hole on it, it will get bigger wider, or just worse.

What im doing now is putting aha in my nose in hopes of exfoliating it till it flattens. Good luck.

I would like to ask a favor.

If you ever found a remedy for it, can you pls send me a message about it? Thank you! In advance 🙂