Notifications
Clear all

My Epiduo Journey

MemberMember
(@tearfulsolace)

Posted : 08/14/2013 12:19 am

Hi. I'm Kaysee. I'm 18, and I've had moderate to severe acne since I was about 9. I've been made fun of, and excluded from events more then half my life because of it. I start my senior year in 2 weeks. I've redone my room, went on a shopping spree with my mom and bestie, and I'm ready to have the year of my life. But I've also decided to become a new me. I want to be a better person in general, be happier, not let things get to me, be more organized, and biggest of all, acne free. (Hopefully.)

So this year, when I went to the doctor to do my school physical for ROTC (hoorah), I asked about Epiduo. She didn't ask questions, didn't share concerns, just wrote the prescription, and sent me on my way. With CHIP insurance, I paid $5. I applied it the very night I got it. The next morning, I already noticed less redness. I apply makeup, and head to work. By the time I get home, the redness is back. I apply before bed. Next morning, redness is gone. By the 2nd morning, I was noticing that my face was very sensitive to the touch. Morning 3 was even worse. Now, night 4, the night of morning 3, my face is burning like the 6th ring of hell after application. Slowly wearing off, but still burning, especially to the touch.

After reading reviews here, I want to try going to every other nights application. But, I just want to be clear so badly, I don't know if I can convince myself to back off.... I also use YESto blemish clearing towelettes. Its a natural thing using tomato acid to clear pores. I use them first to get rid of makeup and dirt, dry my face, then apply Epiduo. So idk if the towelettes are making it worse, or if this is the burning everyone else complains about.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Photo is first night right after first application.

post-215601-0-67194300-1376457198_thumb.

post-215601-0-67194300-1376457198_thumb.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 1:48 am

Its just human nature to think that if something works, then more of it must be better. But with epiduo it really isn't. Less is definitely more. You should only be applying a pea size amount at night only and make sure you moisturise afterwards. You also should be using only very gentle products on your face which have no active ingredients. So no exfoliating, no peels, masks etc, just a gentle cleanser and moisturiser.

If you continue to over apply the epiduo, you will only end up with severely red, dry irritated skin and the acne will remain because of this. Go gentle, go slow and you will be rewarded in the end. Its not a quick fix, but the path you're going on right now is going to end in tears.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@tearfulsolace)

Posted : 08/14/2013 5:23 pm

This morning I put a little BioOil on my face because my skin was burning, and it really helped. I think I'm going to start using that in the mornings to counteract the burning.

picture was taken this morning, no makeup, at work.

post-215601-0-54395300-1376519023_thumb.

post-215601-0-54395300-1376519023_thumb.