Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Get A Cortisone Shot?

MemberMember
(@progo35)

Posted : 08/13/2013 12:37 pm

Ok, some on here have suggested that the best way to get rid of cysts fast an/or prevent them from surfacing is to get a Cortisone shot. My question is: How do you get one? Do you just call up your dermatologist and say, "I want a cortisone shot"? When I made my appointment at the dermatologist, they couldn't get me in for 2 weeks with the doctor and gave me an apt with the nurse practitioner, which I understand, but I am going away on a very important family trip next week and I really do not want to have cysts on my face. They didn't offer to do a cortisone shot, but then again, I didn't ask. I have a physical tomorrow. Is this something that my PCP could give me a referral for?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/13/2013 1:13 pm

yup you just call the derm and ask for one. usually where i go the pa's do them so they can get me in that day. just tell them its very important and they should be able to fit you in. good luck!

MemberMember
(@progo35)

Posted : 08/13/2013 4:04 pm

Ok, I called my dermatologist and am waiting for them to call me back. Wish me luck!

Also, How much do those usually cost per shot? I know that my doctor will have to give me a specific amount, but I was just wondering.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/18/2013 7:22 pm

i pay my copay which is $35 for as many shots as i need. good luck!