Notifications
Clear all

Heads Up For Low Dose Accutane Users

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 08/10/2013 7:25 am

Hey everyone. I've been on a low dose accutane treatment for a month now. Just wanted to let people know how my experience went and what to expect on it. Well firstly i was given Erythromyocin to use for the first 6 weeks. I think this was to combat the IB, or maybe lessen the effect of me getting off minocycline.

Dosage of accutane take was 10mg. Reason was due to previous attempt on accutane-40mg (which lasted 2 weeks) but had to stop due to VERY severe side effects. This was 5 years ago

This time around, all i experienced was mild dry lips. Back and chest acne was cleared almost immediately. Face acne has seen no improvement.

I have an appt with derm on monday and according to him i am going to up dosage slowly (probably to 20mg?)

So overall i am happy with chest/back acne (it was mild), but very disappointed in face acne being the same, as that is what everyone sees. So what i am trying to say is don't expect too much on the first month of low dose accutane!

good luck to everyone on their own personal journey! leave replies if u have any questions or anything :)