Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
musclegto

Ughhh 3Rd Course Of Accutane?

Hello guys and girls, looking for some advice.

I am 25 years old, have had acne since I was about 14. After trying everything else I started my first course when I was 23. I did 40mg and then 80mg for 6 months. Had the itchy dry skin, dry eyes, joint pain, but low and behold, my skin was clear and it was the greatest feeling in the world.

About a year later I started breaking out again, I went to my derm and he put me on a second course. I did 30 mg for 6 months. The side effects I experienced in the first course were almost non existent. Cleared me up as good as the first course. I just finished the 2nd 6 month course and only weeks later I started breaking out again. Not nearly as bad as I used to of course, but enough to bother me.

Not sure what to do at this point, accutane is the only thing that's ever worked, but I am also concerned about the the damage the drug might do to other organs (hence the lower dose second course). Am I looking at a third more powerful course, or a another low dose course?

thanks for reading smile.png

Edited by musclegto

have you considered dan's regimen? i did acutane once and it did not help, the only thing that keeps me clear is the regimen.

I have not tried dan's regime, but I will check it out. I have very oily skin, the accutane definitely keeps it under control.

After you finish this course try to maintain your skin with Retin-A or Retin-A micro. I have heard that the combo will give you amazing results. I just ordered some Retin-A to help with my scars and pigmentation left by years of acne.

Good luck!