Notifications
Clear all

Am I Using Too Many Products On My Face?!

MemberMember
(@stylengrace)

Posted : 08/01/2013 12:04 am

This is my daily regimen.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:04 am

Moved to general acne discussion.

MemberMember
(@stylengrace)

Posted : 08/01/2013 11:35 am

I'm new to this. So are you telling me my post has been moved to the general discussion?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 08/01/2013 2:19 pm

🌞 Day

Dove mild soap

Murad vitamin c gel

SPF moisturizer

🌛Night

1) Neutrogena acne cleansing bar

2) Murad toner wipes (make sure all makeup is removed)

3) Murad lightning serum (all over face)

4) Alpha hydroxyl fading cream(only on dark spots)

5) Murad acne gel

I think I am using too many products on my face at night time. But there are so many problems i am trying to fix. I would love some advice from you guys! Should I switch some of the products I'm using at night to the day?

You're Murad lightning serum, alpha hydroxyl and Murad acne gel all basically do the same thing. The Murad acne gel contains; salicylic acid, glycolic acid and retinol. I think the Murad acne gel should be the only one you should use out of the 3. I used it for a long time and loved it. It made my skin glow and took care of the PIH.

The rest of your regimen looks fine to me :)

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/01/2013 4:39 pm

I don't know much about the products you are using, but I would definitely try to tone it down on how many you use at once.

I'd even suggest just washing your face with one mild cleanser in the morning, then moisturize, then at night wash face again, moisture along side with your spot fighting product or scar fading product? space it out in the week perhaps as well to give your skin a break to breath,

MemberMember
(@stylengrace)

Posted : 08/01/2013 11:27 pm

🌞 Day

Dove mild soap

Murad vitamin c gel

SPF moisturizer

🌛Night

5) Murad acne gel

I think I am using too many products on my face at night time. But there are so many problems i am trying to fix. I would love some advice from you guys! Should I switch some of the products I'm using at night to the day?

You're Murad lightning serum, alpha hydroxyl and Murad acne gel all basically do the same thing. The Murad acne gel contains; salicylic acid, glycolic acid and retinol. I think the Murad acne gel should be the only one you should use out of the 3. I used it for a long time and loved it. It made my skin glow and took care of the PIH.

So the murad acne gel will fade my dark spots as well?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:13 am

🌞 Day

Dove mild soap

Murad vitamin c gel

SPF moisturizer

🌛Night

5) Murad acne gel

So the murad acne gel will fade my dark spots as well?

It should! Is it the exfoliating acne treatment gel?

MemberMember
(@stylengrace)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:30 am

No it's the murad acne and wrinkle reducer.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:54 am

Okay well that doesn't contain retinol or glycolic acid. Use your acne wrinkle gel and the lightening serum. Those two will work to keep skin clear and help hyperpigmentation fade.

You really don't need to use two AHA topicals at once.

MemberMember
(@stylengrace)

Posted : 08/02/2013 2:04 am

Thanks so much a.p. it's just frustrating. I've been dealing with this since elementary school

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 08/02/2013 2:38 pm

Thanks so much a.p. it's just frustrating. I've been dealing with this since elementary school 🙈

You're welcome and I know how you feel!

Just remember if you use too many exfoliating products on your skin, it can lead to more problems.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/03/2013 8:45 pm

If its working then keep doing it if it not try something new.