Notifications
Clear all

Glycemic Load Help

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 07/22/2013 1:00 pm

Hi I have been following a pretty strict diet for like 2 months and noticed improvement in my skin. I went to the shore last weekend and decided to go all out and eat whatever and whenever. I broke out a few days afterwards. I was kind of expecting it but I have a few questions to ask you guys. Say I really wanted like a piece of pizza, or a cookie, or even fruit alone, all things that would be expected to lead to a spike in insulin. Is there any possible way to eat other foods with it to balance it out? Lets start with a slice of pizza. What can I eat to help even it out? I am not saying I am going to eat a slice of pizza everyday but during my last 2 months I would get that urge to cheat and just eat whatever I had in mind to remember the taste. So when that happens what do I do?

Last night was really bad for me. I had baked kale into these kale chip things (very good) but I had a whole bag of fucking lifesaver gummies (loaded with sugar). I did eat the two together though. I know there isn't much to do when you eat the whole bag but if I were to have a smaller amount what foods could help reduce the massive intake of sugar? Or is there nothing? Please help because I miss occasionally grabbing some junk food and enjoying myself.

I have 2 "brown eggs" 3-5 servings of vegetables, 3-5 servings of fruit (probably more) more than enough almonds, pistachios, a lot of water, calcium supplement and multivitamin Every single day for the last 2 months. I just want "some junk food" here and there.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/22/2013 1:24 pm

if u r intolerant to any of the ingredients present in ur 'junk food' then there's no way out.like if u can tolerate dairy,no matter what u take anything with dairy in it will effect u.

if u r intolerant to gluten,even a small size of pizza will effect u.

if not,then a lil' piece will not cause a havoc.

for plain insulin spike,cinnamon can be considered.

u can check a post by sleptember on cinnamon after meals.

or better post a thread on cinnamon!

MemberMember
(@carambola)

Posted : 07/22/2013 8:15 pm

Eating fat and protein with your high carbohydrate foods will lower the glycemic load. Fiber and acidic things (vinegar, lemon juice) might also help somewhat. Nuts have protein, fat, and fiber, so you could try eating some nuts before your cookie or fruit or whatever (nuts first so they're already in your stomach when you add the extra carbs). Bread eaten with butter or cheese would have a lower glycemic load than plain bread eaten alone, so pizza is already at least better than plain bread. Perhaps eating vegetables with the pizza to add fiber would help.

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 07/22/2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for the info I will give it a go next time I eat some junk food. BTW Just had dark chocolate almonds and wow they are so good