Notifications
Clear all

So...glycemic Index Or Glycemic Load?

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 07/22/2013 2:07 pm

Which do we go by as far as acne is concerned? Ive been avoiding foods with a high glycemic index, but am now noticing that a lot of these foods have low glycemic loa. d

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/22/2013 2:13 pm

okay.

try sticking to low gi stuff,if otherwise then stick to smaller sizes.

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 07/22/2013 3:06 pm

Relevant video:

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/23/2013 7:53 am

Which do we go by as far as acne is concerned? Ive been avoiding foods with a high glycemic index, but am now noticing that a lot of these foods have low glycemic loa. d

It's the glycemic load of the meal/drink/snack that matters. For health, not just acne. Of course the easiest way to keep meals low GL is to make them out of low GI foods.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/25/2013 1:57 am

This is something I really need to understand, as I have heard a lot about it recently.

So basically low GI foods do not cause a high spike of insulin like high GI food do? Therefore you don't gain as much fat because the amount of insulin (which is a fat producing hormone...right?) production is much lower on a low GI diet?

I need to learn all this, I'm new to diet, I'm much more of a connoisseur in products we use externally which I've learnt now...don't really do anything for us at all.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 07/25/2013 2:30 am

Gi is completely irrelevent.

Gi is different everytime we comsume food. Don't waste your time micro managing a insignificant part of nutrition. Dont miss the forest for the trees