How Do We Remove Ou...

Notifications
Clear all

How Do We Remove Our Make Up?

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 07/22/2013 1:16 am

So im reading on how to clear up my skin. What to put on and how to wash. Which is what i already do. But what about on how to remove make up? And what make up to use??

Im 24 and had acne (volcano zits) since i was 20. I had got rid of it after i went to the dermatologist and he gave me benxoyl perox. 1% face wash. And it was great for about a year. Then i got pregnant and it came back and i started scarring. And i have tried sooooo many things until this day. but noo luck.

unfortunatly i fell for proactiv. Which made things worst. I stopped used it and its been about a month. Currently im using ..cetaphyl normal to oily skin cleanser. Tee trea oil(heard it was better then benxoyl) i only use it as spot treatment. Cetaphyl Daily moist. SpF 50 .also taking some murad acne dietry supplemnt twice a day.

I will try some of the over the counter products on this website. Hopefully i get some results.

But if anyone knows about the make up .how and what to use plzz let me know..after all we need make up to hide this horrible acne and scars! "/

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 07/22/2013 3:30 am

I've found it really hard to find a makeup remover that doesn't break me out, so I've just been using my Cetaphil cleanser on a cotton pad to remove my makeup as I don't really wear too much, then I wash my face with my usual cleanser.

MemberMember
(@feelinsomerhythm)

Posted : 07/22/2013 4:24 am

I use some Bare Minerals SPF Foundation - not absolutely loads, so this may not work for people who go for full makeup. My face wash is the Burts' Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream, which has never broken me out (despite it being cream based) and also removes all traces of foundation perfectly.

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 07/22/2013 7:53 pm

Im goin to try removing it with some cotton balls thnx. For the tip. :)

Has anyone tried make up forever??

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/22/2013 8:40 pm

I take it off with salicylic acid wash, the CVS cheap generic stuff...even my eye makeup, but keep those eyes closed!

It is a good idea if you have time to suds up and leave it on your problem areas for a couple minutes, then when you go to rinse off quickly close your eyes and run the suds up over them to remove eye makeup and rinse quickly.

Then apply whatever acne meds you use, it's a really quick mini peel every night, just 2% in the wash but it helps keep pores clean.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:41 am

I have the same problem. Anything gentle on my skin won't take the makeup off, but anything harsh or cream based will irritate my skin or break me out. I just try to wear as little as possible, but would love to know of more suggestions.

MemberMember
(@igetbored)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:16 pm

Even if you have acne prone skin, there is absolutely no reason to stay away from oil and balm cleansers. They remove makeup very efficiently (most makeup is oil based - like dissolves like) and make the skin supple and soft. I've been using a balm cleanser for a month now and my skin looks a lot calmer as I stopped aggravating it with foaming cleansers. If you're in the UK, Emma Hardie, Ren, Elemis, Clinique, balance Me and more other brands are very very good. Ah, also Origins and Sanctuary do excellent cleansing oils.
Nearly forgot to mention - some people even use a blend of everyday oils (eg olive, coconut) to remove their makeup with also worls a treat. Just google 'the oil cleansing method' if you're interested. Good luck!
MemberMember
(@insxcure)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:20 pm

I got told that you should wash your face with things such as Clean & Clear or any of those soaps. DO NOT use wipes, they will only make your spots worse.