Acne Mainly Around ...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne Mainly Around The Mouth And Chin?

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 07/14/2013 6:44 pm

For some time now I'm clear for a week, then the next week I breakout, repeat.

It seems to happen especially around my mouth. It will usually start with a small pimple close to the left side of my bottom lip, and then another close to that one, and another, and soon on the other side and chin. I end up with a bunch of small red bumps and some white heads. I get a few smaller ones further away closer to my cheeks but they aren't as much of an issue. It makes it look like I have some infectuous disease or something, much worst than the few red spots I have on my upper cheeks which I really don't care about at all.

Any idea what can be done for this? My backne is pretty much under control, but this crap around my mouth that keeps coming and going is driving me nuts:(

I'm a male. And no it's not herpes.

edit: Also my tongue feels weird, sort of like pasty or bitter or some such. BTW I just noticed I also have pimples along the sideburns close to the right ear, a straight down line of them.

I'm 30, 31 in a month, had this crap since I was around 13:(

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/14/2013 6:52 pm

Do you shave? I find when i shave around my mouth i find it can sometimes spur on little bumps

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 07/14/2013 7:01 pm

I do, and only shave the mustache area regularly. The rest I shave only once every five days or so. But I use a norelco body groom to do it, so it's not a blade. I doubt it's related, but could be. Difficult to say, but definitly not the cause.

Also noticed how this happens quite often at the end of the week, somewhere around thursday/friday, then worsens until early the following week. Strange.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/17/2013 4:36 pm

This sounds hormonal to me and similar to my acne. Like the above poster said, it could be shaving or it could be your toothpaste, but if it's persistent I highly doubt that.

You maybe need some for of natural male hormone regulating supplements like Saw Palmetto. It works by inhibiting DHT locally in areas that it affects such as the skin and hair.

What products do you use on your face, including your toothpaste?

MemberMember
(@bris305)

Posted : 07/18/2013 7:09 am

Definitely with LewisS on this one - I've just started using organic homemade toothpaste and no new cysts on my chin for 2 days where since a change of meds (I'm female) I was getting a new cyst every day for a while.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/13/2015 1:49 am

Hey, I saw your sweet potato post. You were %95 Clear when eating carrots, sweet potatoes, avocados, etc. Thing is, all those foods are high in vitamin A. I'm sure you already pieced this together. My acne seemed better when I had a high consumption of carrots, and avoided problem foods. Have you tried going back on the exact same diet you had when you were clear?

Even if you have, there is a detox process many people go through where the body flushes all the bad stuff out, resulting in a breakout which can last for a long time. I'm really just curious if you learned anything else, because I'm including a lot of foods high in vitamin A, now. Also, high in A doesn't always mean good. You can break out to some foods that are high in A while benefitting from others.