Notifications
Clear all

What Could Be The Cause Of This?

MemberMember
(@shelby-rockella-mansour)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:12 am

Alright, so at any given moment, my skin is 90% clear, but when pimples do pop up, they're never harmless little red marks, or even black heads, or even whiteheads. Always, they are deep painful mounds with no head. No amount of spot treatment will make these babies budge, I sometimes have to wait up to a month for them to subside. It's so annoying!!! I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, CeraVe PM moisturizer, and have stuck to washing my face only twice a day. So, I'm not using harsh products all over my face, the texture and tone has improved vastly since using this routine, but still, I get these stupid cystic pimples and I don't know what's up with my skin. :/ am I the only one with this issue?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:58 am

Are you on the regime as in using BP morning and night? I can understand if you aren't and thats fine, however BP acts best as a preventive method rather than a treatment., and your could prevent the cystic acne coming through, what do you use as a spot treatment?

MemberMember
(@shelby-rockella-mansour)

Posted : 07/13/2013 12:11 pm

Are you on the regime as in using BP morning and night? I can understand if you aren't and thats fine, however BP acts best as a preventive method rather than a treatment., and your could prevent the cystic acne coming through, what do you use as a spot treatment?

No, I am actually not using the regimen. For spot treatment, I use either Tea Tree Oil, or Clean and Clear Persagel (which is a BP product.) I no longer use BP or SA all over my face, because for years I was and it stripped my face/left my skin always red and irritated. It's just frustrating that my skin will be perfectly clear, and then a nasty cyst will pop up. 🙁 perhaps I should give the regimen a shot!

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/13/2013 6:30 pm

Yer its frustrating when that happens. I can understand if you don't want to use BP all over your face again due to redness and irritation. There are some good spot treatments in 'acne treatments' bar and look at the spot treatments tab. There may be some useful techniques you could use as spot treatments. I would try these and see how it goes first, that is if you are reasonably clear already.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 07/14/2013 8:29 pm

Sounds hormonal. This used to happen to me, I just kinda grew it of it luckily! Keep an eye on your cycle and when the painful acne appears It's most likely linked.

You could try Epiduo as a spot cream. You must get this from the doctor. It's BP and a retinoid.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/14/2013 9:33 pm

I agree it does sound hormonal. For this you could do a few things. Bc pills, spiro ( I recommend this), saw palmetto. All these will help hormonal acne, I love me some spiro though, once daily pill and I'm clear! Yahoo