Notifications
Clear all

Spiro - Weight Gain Or Weight Loss?

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/11/2013 7:12 pm

I just started taking 50 mg of Spiro a day.

Should I anticipate weight gain, weight loss, or neither? I try to keep my caloric intake under 1500 calories a day so I can maintain my weight. Obviously I would prefer not to gain weight...

MemberMember
(@coonie7525)

Posted : 07/11/2013 7:28 pm

I have been taking spiro for a little over a month, and I haven't noticed any weight change. I already live a healthy lifestyle and workout on a regular basis. I am 5'5" and weigh 115 pounds. I take 75 mg a day

MemberMember
(@maskedone)

Posted : 07/11/2013 8:33 pm

Deleted.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/11/2013 9:29 pm

Neither for me ive been on for 7 months.

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 07/11/2013 9:34 pm

Everyone's experience is different, but I lost weight.. about 10lbs which I was extremely surprised, but very happy about. I did not notice any other changes besides better skin. I've been on 200mg a day for 4 years now.

MemberMember
(@ninergirl)

Posted : 07/12/2013 3:23 pm

I replied on another thread too. I am on 50mg a day and started about a week and half ago and I have already loss 5 lbs. I have zero appetite and have to force myself to eat. I am definitely not complaining, but am actually shocked because it seems a lot of people have gained weight while taking spiro. I agree with uphill battle that everybody has a different reaction to the medications they take.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/01/2013 10:48 am

I am taking milk thistle to support my liver, which processes all medications you take, and the side effects are subsiding. I get breast tenderness and cramps from spiro. I did gain 5 pounds initially but that went away.

I take 2 capsules Jarrows Milk Thistle daily

I always take spiro with food

I drink tons of water

I take my second dose before 3 pm because androgens are highest earlier in the day

Those things have reduced the side effects a lot for me.

MemberMember
(@sumisee)

Posted : 09/01/2013 4:10 pm

I have taken spiro for almost 6 months and I have actually lost 5 pounds on it so some people will gain and others will loose. I hope you don't gain any weight.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 09/03/2013 1:51 pm

Been on Spiro for 2 months now and I'm happy to report I haven't gained any weight. I already lost about 12 pounds this summer just from eating healthier, and I think the Spiro is not making me gain nor lose anything.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 09/10/2013 12:51 pm

I gained weight but I'd rather have clear skin than be skinny. It's all about your priorities though. :)

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 09/10/2013 1:34 pm

6 weeks on and lost about 4 lbs. The crazy thing is I am so hungry all the time, and I eat far more than before, but still lose weight. I am skinny anyway so I was never worried if I gain a few lbs, but on me it has a different effect. I eat estimated 2500 kcal a day and haven't worked out for weeks. That is crazy.

MemberMember
(@travellinggal1170)

Posted : 09/10/2013 9:13 pm

I've lost weight since taking spiro. It's probably a combination of changing my diet and exercise.

I find that spiro has decreased my appetite slightly (and I love food) so I need to make sure I eat regularly.

MemberMember
(@littlelake)

Posted : 09/11/2013 11:45 am

I started last thursday, and I already lost about 3lbs. I was suprised. (*cough* and kinda happy about it) And its still really soon, not even a week. huh.png