Notifications
Clear all

H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide) For Hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 07/07/2013 7:48 am

My skin is mostly healed at this point (yay!). But I still have some areas with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. H202 is used as a bleaching agent and can whiten the skin but it is a very harsh chemical. I don't know if it would be effective. Has anyone ever tried using H202 to lighten up their spots?

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 07/07/2013 10:20 am

My skin is mostly healed at this point (yay!). But I still have some areas with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. H202 is used as a bleaching agent and can whiten the skin but it is a very harsh chemical. I don't know if it would be effective. Has anyone ever tried using H202 to lighten up their spots?

No H202 is not technically a bleaching agent for the skin. The whiteness that it causes on the skin is usually only temporary. Although H202 is a corrosive chemical and with repeated use can burn your skin and make it worse, which is something none of us want. I understand how the PIH is frustrating (dealing with it myself right now after a laser treatment caused it) but it will go away with patience. If you want to use a medication to help it go away faster, then there is always hydroquinoine. If you are hesitant or uncomfortable to use hydroquinone (it has been banned in Europe because of it side effects) then I recommend an over the counter product, but expensive, called Lytera. In addition there are chemical peels or laser treatment that may help facilitate the process of healing from PIH faster. Hope this helps.