Notifications
Clear all

Help With Clindamycin And Tretinoin

MemberMember
(@nando123)

Posted : 06/29/2013 5:51 pm

Growing up I barely had acne besides the few zits here and there so I never used acne medication. One day i went to my doctor at 15 and I was given Benzaclin for a few pimples that I had (A pretty big one on my nose) so I used it all up. The results were fast and great which gave me a really good experience with Benzaclin (Although I didn't go back to get more). Then fast forward 2 years of minor acne with no products and I am prescribed Tretinoin 0.025 and Clindamycin Phosphate topical gel. From the beginning I thought this wasn't necessary but my doctor said it would clear me up "perfectly" so I used it as said (Tretinoin at night, Clindamycin twice a day). It has been 7 weeks and my skin is looking bad which is really bothering me since good results were apparently suppose to happen by now. I have red marks on both cheeks and nose as well a couple active pimples which when they go away leave more marks. I also have had a pimple from the first week of use which has not gone away nor shrunken (Even after applying both products as instructed).

Will going back to Benzaclin get me back to the good skin I am wanting? What should I do?

Any help or tips is very appreciated

(Also I am an athletic guy who eats fairly good along with some junkfood occasionally)

- Fernando

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 06/29/2013 7:02 pm

Tretinoin isnt a quick fix or short term treatment. It takes many months to work and often makes it a bit worse before it gets better. Its up to you to continue or not. If your happy with just Benzaclin go back to just that or give the Tretinoin at least 3 months.