Notifications
Clear all

I Don't Get It

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/26/2013 1:59 am

I just don't get it... If i stray from my diet of meats and veggies, even a little (And even after I have been on the meats/diet for MONTHS), If i eat a bowl or two of lentils, or too much fruit, or a little junk, I break out immediately. WHAT THE FUCK is going on

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/26/2013 2:04 am

I've never found my diet to be directly the source of my acne. No matter what dietary changes I made it never went away. I guess with that there are pros and cons. You would know what to not eat, but then again, maybe sometimes you might have to give up some of the food that you really like. I couldn't live with that.

MemberMember
(@ribbonettes)

Posted : 06/26/2013 2:42 am

That is why I don't stray away from my diet .__. If I drink water from a fast food place and it's connected to the fruit punch.. I instantly get a stomach ache and I break out from the little amount of sugar. But it's not uncommon to break out instantly from eating just a few bites of food that you're sensitive to.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 06/26/2013 4:08 am

I imagine that the longer certain foods are absent from your diet, the more susceptible you are to them. I'd advise against this, but when I wanted to eat wheat (because it's just not practical to try and avoid it) I ate it everyday until it stopped affecting me.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/26/2013 10:51 am

Do you stress each time you eat something you expect to break you out?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/26/2013 11:23 am

That is why I don't stray away from my diet .__. If I drink water from a fast food place and it's connected to the fruit punch.. I instantly get a stomach ache and I break out from the little amount of sugar. But it's not uncommon to break out instantly from eating just a few bites of food that you're sensitive to.

How can you live life like this though? I am going to new york in a week (For about 4-5 days), and I will be staying at a persons house. When they cook some meals, I will be limited to whatever they cook.

which diet are you following?

Do you stress each time you eat something you expect to break you out?

To tell the truth, I do not at all. When I stray away from my diet, I try to pick the "least" offending foods and don't think much of it. But when I wake up the next day or a few days later or a week later with painful acne, yes I get stressed

MemberMember
(@ribbonettes)

Posted : 06/26/2013 5:38 pm

How can you live life like this though? I am going to new york in a week (For about 4-5 days), and I will be staying at a persons house. When they cook some meals, I will be limited to whatever they cook.

>>That is why I don't stray away from my diet .__. If I drink water from a fast food place and it's connected to the fruit punch.. I instantly get a stomach ache and I break out from the little amount of sugar. But it's not uncommon to break out instantly from eating just a few bites of food that you're sensitive to.

I live like this because I want my skin as clear as possible. I got tired of people looking disgusted whenever they would look at my face to talk to me and in a way I felt kinda bad that they had to look at me in the first place. I got sick of people thinking I didn't take care of my skin, my parents bugging me about it, and boyfriends who wouldn't shut up about it / make mean comments and would make me feel like I was worthless because of my acne. Even when I broke up with my ex he used my acne as a reason for me not to leave him. He made it seem like no one would love me because of my flaws... and my paleo diet drove him crazy.. he thought I had an eating disorder / was going crazy but in reality I was just trying to get rid of my migraine headaches and my acne. But it's not that bad, I like living this way. I love how it makes my skin smooth and way less oily. I am following the paleo diet.

If I was traveling i would probably bring my own canned fish and just eat whatever salad or vegetables that is available. But I don't really travel or stay at anyone's house so I don't have this problem.

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 06/26/2013 7:23 pm

I second the question on stress. Do you stress out when you eat those foods, consciously or possibly subconsciously? And what are your stress levels like overall? What do you do to reduce stress in your life?

Also, what are you doing topically? I've found that a gentler skin routine tends to make my skin more resilient against breakouts related to food.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/26/2013 7:39 pm

a-cid="3361624" data-time="1372232523">

>>That is why I don't stray away from my diet .__. If I drink water from a fast food place and it's connected to the fruit punch.. I instantly get a stomach ache and I break out from the little amount of sugar. But it's not uncommon to break out instantly from eating just a few bites of food t

hat you're sensitive to.

I live like this because I want my skin as clear as possible. I got tired of people looking disgusted whenever they would look at my face to talk to me and in a way I felt kinda bad that they had to look at me in the first place. I got sick of people thinking I didn't take care of my skin, my parents bugging me about it, and boyfriends who wouldn't shut up about it / make mean comments and would make me feel like I was worthless because of my acne. Even when I broke up with my ex he used my acne as a reason for me not to leave him. He made it seem like no one would love me because of my flaws... and my paleo diet drove him crazy.. he thought I had an eating disorder / was going crazy but in reality I was just trying to get rid of my migraine headaches and my acne. But it's not that bad, I like living this way. I love how it makes my skin smooth and way less oily. I am following the paleo diet.

If I was traveling i would probably bring my own canned fish and just eat whatever salad or vegetables that is available. But I don't really travel or stay at anyone's house so I don't have this problem.

Can you tell me exactly what you eat on a daily basis, if you do not mind me asking?

Do fruits break you out?

MemberMember
(@ribbonettes)

Posted : 06/27/2013 3:04 am

a-cid="3361624" data-time="1372232523">

>>That is why I don't stray away from my diet .__. If I drink water from a fast food place and it's connected to the fruit punch.. I instantly get a stomach ache and I break out from the little amount of sugar. But it's not uncommon to break out instantly from eating just a few bites of food t

hat you're sensitive to.

Can you tell me exactly what you eat on a daily basis, if you do not mind me asking?

Do fruits break you out?

I think I answered this question already in my other posts that I discussed with you. Yes fruits do break me out.