Irritation From Swe...

Notifications
Clear all

Irritation From Sweat

MemberMember
(@leftwing)

Posted : 06/23/2013 2:30 pm

I saw a video where Dan said that when he exercises he just wipes the sweat off of his face when he's done, but recently I've been exercising in the mornings before my a.m. regimen and my face gets really irritated by the time I'm through. My face will be very red in the trails where sweat has streaked down my face and overall more red. I've since been washing my face before exercising and then completing the regimen after a post workout shower and haven't experienced that level of irritation, but I'm worried for this coming semester when I'll be walking to my classes in triple digit weather. Is this reaction from sweat itself? I'm also going to be in seattle for a few weeks, should I be worried about the rain causing bp to run down my face to my clothes? Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 06/23/2013 2:58 pm

Hi LeftWing...if your name was RightWing there is no way i'd be helping you grinwink.gif Well, maybe I would haha

Anyways, to answer your first question. I'm glad you were able to figure out your exercise routine and assuage your irritation. You asked if it was a reaction from the sweat itself...well, it really varies from person to person (as do most things that have to do with acne!). Your irritation may have been from the sweat, but it also could have been from working out (hormone levels changing, stressing your body out, etc). I would first take care of the most obvious issues (which are overlooked pretty often by people); wear light clothes, stay in the shade when you can, drink a lot of cold water, don't walk too fast to class, and things like that. If you do find yourself sweating, the only option I can think of is to keep a *CLEAN* washcloth with you and dab (gently) your face if you feel sweat coming on. Honestly though, i would first try nothing and see what happens. Our bodies are meant to sweat for a reason, and it may or may not affect your acne/redness.

Question two: you are very smart to be thinking like this. In my experience, BP usually bleaches things the most right after you put it on (and an hour or two later). However, if rain causes it to run down your face there is definitely a possibility that it will bleach your clothes! Solution...umbrella!

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/23/2013 5:46 pm

Like Max suggested, take a clean towel and constantly pat your face gently throughout your exercise/workout routine to absorb sweat.

I like to wash or at least rinse my face before and after a workout, because you don't want that sweat mixing with the already-present dirt and dead skin cells and clogging your pores.

And yes, rain and sweat will definitely mix with BP and stain clothing. Ruined many shirts and towels in the past that way...

MemberMember
(@leftwing)

Posted : 06/25/2013 8:03 pm

Thanks for the replies Max & John. I'll have to experiment with the exercise/sweating, hopefully it was just a fluke and not something I'll experience during the semester. It's pretty uncomfortable. I'll probably just try to wear mostly white shirts during the days I expect to be in the rain. White shirts shouldn't bleach from bp, right?