Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline + Differin (And Bp)

MemberMember
(@optimist108)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:40 pm

Right hello everyone. smile.png

So, quick update on my acne situation: I used to have moderate/severe acne on my face, chest and back in 2010. I was using ACV and lemon juice primarily to battle my acne, which worked alright for me. My facial acne subsided a LOT last year, and my back went to mild/moderate.

Fast forward to now. After about a year of clear skin on my face and spotty skin on my back, I suddenly broke out crazily in February. My ACV/lemon juice didn't do shit for me, so finally, I decided to visit the dermatologist for the first time in my life. I was prescribed Doxycycline (100 mg), Differin 0.1% for my face and Benzoyl Peroxide 5% for my back.

So it's actually been 6 days now since I started Doxycycline. I'll just tabulate my regimen below:

MORNING

-Wash face with Decleor cleanser (no Differin used after cleansing)

-Wash body with Proactiv soap bar (1% salicylic acid)

-BP on back/chest

-1 pill Doxycycline

EVENING

-Post-workout, shower (Proactiv bar for back, no cleanser on face)

-BP on back/chest

NIGHT

-Wash face with Decleor cleanser

-Differin on face (trouble zones only)

-BP on back/chest

-Moisturiser on face 10 mins after Differin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically: 6 days in, not too much of a difference on my back. My chest is super clear though, not a single active pimple (though a few scars). Inflammation on facial acne also diminishing, and fewer active pimples.

I'll post photos tomorrow. smile.png

MemberMember
(@crispyduck)

Posted : 06/17/2013 11:00 pm

I've just been prescribed the exact same thing by my doctor (except for the benzoyl peroxide since i dont have back acne) and i've completed 2 and a half weeks of my 3 month 100mg docycycline course.

I think it's starting to work because i have had fewer breakouts and the inflammation on my face has reduced significantly. Im hoping that this treatment will work for both of us! keep strong and lets pray that this will work!wiggle.gif eusa_pray.gif