Notifications
Clear all

What To Do After Accutane?

MemberMember
(@jkel777)

Posted : 06/11/2013 3:18 pm

Hey guys,

So I just finished up my course of Accutane. I talked to my dermatologist briefly about what to do after, and she was very vague in her responses. She told me not to moisturize anymore, because it could cause breakouts. However, the last couple nights I have not moisturized, and my skin is starting to become dry. Should I moisturize? Also, I ordered Blue Ice Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver Oil blend; how long after I finish Accutane is it safe to take that? In addition, how long post-Accutane can I start drinking? My derm said the day after, but I've heard it takes a while to get out of your system. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/11/2013 6:32 pm

Moisturize always. That was horrible advice. Just find a moisturizer that doesn't break you out. you can start drinking now if you want but the medicstion stays on your system for another month or so if that's your concern wait a month. As far as the supplements start them now unless they contain vitamin a. If they do I again advise you to wait a month. Good luck I hope you stay clear

MemberMember
(@jkel777)

Posted : 06/11/2013 7:44 pm

Moisturize always. That was horrible advice. Just find a moisturizer that doesn't break you out. you can start drinking now if you want but the medicstion stays on your system for another month or so if that's your concern wait a month. As far as the supplements start them now unless they contain vitamin a. If they do I again advise you to wait a month. Good luck I hope you stay clear

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I don't know what she was thinking. Do you know when/if the dryness will die down? I hate having to moisturize so much. And yes, cod liver oil does contain Vitamin A, so I guess I'll wait another month or so to drink and start that supplement.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/12/2013 12:05 am

The dryiness will go away pretty quickly. Within the first month off for sure. Your lips will return to normal in a couple weeks.. You oil level will start to build back up slowly but surely! Are you using a topical to ensure your pores are going to stay clear or what's you after tane plan?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/12/2013 1:27 am

moisturise as per ur need.

drink lots of water and take care of ur vitamin levels.

also,keep using a lip balm for as long as u need it.

do not use anything harsh on ur skin like lemon(for PIH) or any laser treatments.

take care of ur diet an dlifestyle.

MemberMember
(@jkel777)

Posted : 06/13/2013 5:55 pm

The dryiness will go away pretty quickly. Within the first month off for sure. Your lips will return to normal in a couple weeks.. You oil level will start to build back up slowly but surely! Are you using a topical to ensure your pores are going to stay clear or what's you after tane plan?

Thanks! Good to know. I can already tell my lips are less dry, and it's only been 5 days. No topical, I really don't know what to do after Accutane... Haha. My derm was pretty vague. I hate putting stuff on my face, I can tell you that. Hence why I want to stop moisturizing lol.

moisturise as per ur need.

drink lots of water and take care of ur vitamin levels.

also,keep using a lip balm for as long as u need it.

do not use anything harsh on ur skin like lemon(for PIH) or any laser treatments.

take care of ur diet an dlifestyle.

Thank you for the advice! I'm definitely still going to moisturize for the moment, until the dryness subsides. I always got my lip balm on me! Do you know if I can start taking cod liver oil/butter oil blend a week or so after Accutane?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/14/2013 3:23 am

what is ur purpose or need for taking those supplements?

would u like to talk about ue diet and lifestyle more elaborately?

MemberMember
(@jkel777)

Posted : 06/14/2013 9:43 pm

what is ur purpose or need for taking those supplements?

would u like to talk about ue diet and lifestyle more elaborately?

Apparently, it's a fantastic supplement not just for the skin, but for the entire body. Only problem is that it's got Vitamin A in it from the cod liver oil. I've heard to wait at least a month until the Accutane is out of your system before taking any supplements with Vitamin A in them.

I'm very active; workout nearly every day. Eat very clean and healthy too.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/15/2013 1:18 am

'healthy' is subjective.

choose a diet that suits u.

nuts are healthy but it may not suit u for example.

bell peppers have tons of plus points but a frnd here are intolerant to any night shade member(which she found out only recently and thank fully she's getting better).

these were some examples.

so u could either post ur diet here or in the diet forum more elaborately.