Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Failed At School Because Of Acne ?!

MemberMember
(@albshpk)

Posted : 06/08/2013 2:07 pm

Anyone failed at school because of acne???!!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 06/08/2013 5:33 pm

Go to a doctor.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/08/2013 9:16 pm

not sure if you're serious or not... lol

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 06/09/2013 11:36 am

if you're serious then I guess you would need some professional help. i still drag my sorry ass to work and do what I have to do but i've been almost to the point where I wanted to just give up and let it consume me. its pretty scary. I feel for you I hope you get your head straight soon.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/09/2013 9:02 pm

I'm sorry if it offended you, but the lack of details made me think you were a troll...If you were indeed serious, though, I'm sorry for thinking otherwise!!

but yeah, I still go to school even when I've felt very low and still managed to get very good grades. I guess my grades> my skin . I understand how it can affect one's performance in school. I have class tomorrow, and I don't feel like attending it and I have a homework to hand in I couldn't care less if I failed it because I feel like shit right now.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 06/09/2013 9:20 pm

Yea my first semester of college my acne hit it's peak, I skipped so many classes and ended up failing 2 classes which I knew I could pass if I would have just went. It's not fair I want to stab everybody.

MemberMember
(@lizzyyard)

Posted : 06/11/2013 6:56 pm

omg i thought i was alone here yeahh... i failed my speech class of course

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 06/11/2013 10:40 pm

I skipped a semester in COLLEGE cause I was in a depressed mode, and acne was one of the main concern I had.

Just don't let it get to you, drag yourself out of bed every morning and head straight to school, don't even think twice about it.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/12/2013 4:06 pm

I've definitely done worse in classes not because of acne but because I LET the acne get to me. Acne doesn't physically prevent you from doing well in school....only your emotions do that. I'm a very emotional person and my skin has been my biggest insecurity for a while now. So there's been many days where I've skipped classes simply because my skin wasn't looking good and it was getting me down.

That's no way to live, though. I would rather do well in school and have acne than do awful in school and have acne. I suggest throwing yourself into your schoolwork and letting it distract you from your acne. While acne may have an effect on your emotions and face, it doesn't have to impact your schoolwork.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:40 am

Not failed but I think it did affect my GPA. Also in class it prevented me from socializing with girls. Don't let acne get to you. If you don't work hard and get your dream job some body else will.

MemberMember
(@michaelbamford)

Posted : 06/13/2013 5:16 am

I ended up quitting college 2 years ago. My acne was bad, I had and I'm still dealing with crippling anxiety. It was BEYOND! a chore for me to leave the house, travel to college on a bus and sit in a big class for 8 hours a day. There were times when i would ask the teacher if i could go to the toilet, i was literally stand in the toilet thinking ''what the f**k am i doing, why am i feeling like this? why me? I'm never gonna be able to get a girlfriend, who would put up with me?'' etc... I WAS A F***ING MESS!The course its self wasn't interesting, i'd lost all interest in computers. I decided to just work full time. But I've had 2 therapists since I was 18, I'm now 22. I've had and still do have suicidal thoughts, its not everyday, but it's usually when i go through my bad days, which usually last around 4-5 days out of a month.

I have NO confidence, my anxiety literally controls me. But you just have to get on with it, try and find out the main cause of why your feeling the way you are, and why you have acne. Try not to let it consume you. You are who you are.

MemberMember
(@unacceptedrealist)

Posted : 06/13/2013 11:27 am

For me, school is one of the few things that acne has not negatively affected. This, however, isn't because I find it easy to not focus on my skin; rather, I view schooling as a necessary 'means to an end.' I mean, seriously, what is the alternative? Having severe acne, being uneducated and financially dependent? No thanks.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:23 pm

i didn't fail hs but was about to, i went to summer school three years in a row. if god isn't fake, he'll know i fought for the dame diploma big time.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:25 pm

I didn't graduate high school cause of it but I got my associate degree now.

:)

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/13/2013 8:57 pm

I never failed school and no one should!

MemberMember
(@quietjamie14)

Posted : 06/14/2013 2:49 am

I think it's worth saying here that education isn't only about material gain. I struggled to get through secondary school due to bullying and acne - it didn't matter how many times I was told that good grades would get me a good job, all I wanted was to escape the 'prison' of school - but I did what I needed to and got to university. There, I discovered a real passion for early literature, history and imaginative fiction and realised that reading, researching and writing could really enrich me as a person. I read the works of Jorge Luis Borges, CS Lewis, Joseph Campbell, and others, as well as a lot of medieval literature, and their words opened up new worlds that healed me and offered hope and wisdom. I went on to finish my top of my year at uni and then did a masters and PhD.

"The best thing for being sad is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then - to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn."

- TH White, The Once and Future King