Then And Now [ Pictures ]

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 5:28 am

This is how my skin used to look exactly one year ago

aolsoj.jpg

2amet4.jpg

And this is how I look in the present:

post-183534-0-44412500-1370266067_thumb.

post-183534-0-43265200-1370266116_thumb.

So it seems I've gone so much worse in just a year ! I so hate myself right now.

Its weird because in the past I had a very bad lifestyle and diet ! I went to the derm yesterday, he said I had a huge hormonal imbalance.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/06/2013 6:46 am

had a imbalance?

could u elaborate on ur diet n lifestyle?

i read u dnt support any chemical on ur face at all.

think about it.

a chemical exfoliator isnt that bad if used in moderation and if a mild pH balnced cleanser is used.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 6:54 am

I have a great diet.

When I wake up: Tomato, Cucumbers, Salads and Zinc suppliments

Evening: Musli cereals with fruits

Night: Bananas, Apples or Tomatoes

Not to mention that I don't eat any chocolate, sweets, junk foods !

Also drinking plenty of water.

I don't exercise tho, I just sit at my computer all day.

When I exfoliate my skin, my acne just gets worse and irritated, any chemicals that are supposed to help my acne make things worse. That's why I don't support them at all ! Natural remedies seems to work best on me.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:17 am

Have you tried any other supplements with the zinc?

Right now I'm taking Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Zinc to help heal my skin and not to jinx it, but it's doing great and it's only been four days.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:18 am

Vitamin A actually made things worse for me. I took it for about 1 month, I had more side effects than benefits.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:28 am

Have you tried Vitamin D? If your breakout is hormonal. I heard it helps regulates your hormones.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:42 am

Really now ? I never knew this about Vitamin D. Thanks for the share, I'll get some right away !

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:16 am

Try to get vitamin D that is 50000IU that way u don't have to take it everyday once a month should do. My hormones are much more better ever since I started taking vit D

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:41 am

have u been on this diet for a long time?

u could add or omit some stuff like veggies and fish.u need omega 3FA and i cant find even one source of that.

i see u eat raw ,so no olive oil also.

eggs(if u aint allergic or intolerant) are good.

the yolk has zinc there.

also,moving or just trying to maintain the blood flow well through out the day is important.

any cleanser and cream or watever can be both mild and harsh.

u must choose the correct ingredients that suits u and are mild on ur skin.

there are many products that are meant for sensitive skin.

u could try those.but even if u dnt want to - u could just stick to whatever suits u.

exfoliators that are physical and uneven particles are usually irritating to most skin.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:55 am

I'm on this diet for 3 months now.

I eat eggs once in a while, one or two per week but that is my main diet.

I don't use oils, salt on my salads. For me even washing my face is a pain in the ass, my skin gets so dry.

My skin is a mixture of dry-acne prone-sensitive skin !

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:23 am

What kind of hormonal imbalance do you have? Which hormones are higher than normal? Your breakout seems to mostly consist of small pimples and inflammation, not big cystic acne, so it might be some kind of irritation that is making the redness worse.

The inflammation on your skin could be caused by something you are eating that is causing a histamine response, like tomatoes or something that it generally "healthy" but maybe your body does not digest it well or doesn't tolerate it. If your hormones are imbalanced, that can make you more prone to food sensitivities, and environmental allergies. I'm doing a lot of research on that, you may want to ask your doctor about allergy testing.

You can try using a very gentle exfoliant a few times a week, maybe a mineral one that has enzymes in it. If your skin is sensitive like mine, then you are right about not aggravating it with acne topicals. Perhaps aloe might help with the redness, and a gentle, SLS-free cleanser can help with texture.

As for the Vitamin D, you could try it but if you are deficient in magnesium it will not get absorbed properly. Also, a lot of vitamin D supplements include oil (for better absorption and as a preservative), so be careful with that if you are sensitive to oils like sunflower or other preservatives. In my case, I tried several vitamin D supplements and always broke out. I prefer Vitamin C instead.

MemberMember
(@markrusell)

Posted : 06/06/2013 12:42 pm

I think it is the natrual phenomon that in the teenage the pimple and acne are growing ...

MemberMember
(@natadk)

Posted : 06/07/2013 3:33 am

I'd try to get rid of tomatoes in your diet and see what happens. My skin hates tomatoes and I've also read somewhere, that they can make acne worse.

Try to get 30 g fat a day from a good source, because fat is also important for hormone balance.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 4:20 am

i would ask u to check for ur diet once more.

for night shades.

i firmly believe that u should have a more flexible diet and for long term route is well applicable.

healthy doesnt mean restricted.and a balanced diet is a key.

3 mnths may nt be enough for seeing results through dietary changes.sleptember for example.it took him about 1 year.

so,i would say wait longer.

i have a question.are u getting worse after this diet started?see any changes at all afts this diet?good or bad?

also,dry skin needs sensitive care but doesnt mean u let it be.

what do u use topically?

moisturiser?

how much water do u take regularly?

u need some healthy fat and oil.for ur skin and for ur health.

i can just request u to not restrict urself.considering one aspect of acne.u r a young guy.work for ur over all health.