Notifications
Clear all

Last Resort! 20Mg/female/uk

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 05/29/2013 2:20 pm

I used Cetaphil cream for dry skin. Would spritz face with Evian spritz(water) and then slather on the cream. Aquafor for lips. I am getting ready to start month five of 40mg. My face completely cleared up on about day 33 and has been clear since. At work right now and not a stich of makeup on which is unheard of for me. Hope it gets better for you.

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 05/29/2013 2:49 pm

My break out was horrendous, white heads everywhere! It was really embarrassing looking back, I actually cringe at the thought... not to put you off though things do get much better!!! I've heard it's good to take isotretinoin with fatty food as its fat soluble, I wasn't told this before taking it, I actually went on a low fat diet as I was scared about my lipids in the blood tests. I think thats why i didn't see an improvement until month 3.

Good luck with you course anyway!!!!!

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 05/30/2013 3:35 pm

Yeah sudocream should be fine, it shouldn't irritate you skin anyway. In a few months or even weeks time (fingers crossed) you shouldn't be getting any painful spots. I'd recommend you use Nivea Lip Essential Care (Dark Blue) for your lips, it was the only one that worked for me!

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:08 pm

I haven't heard about not getting tattos....just got one on Monday.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 06/05/2013 10:27 am

I know it's said 1000 times but don't mess with them! I did and have regretted it as my scarring is visible now (not as bad as it could have been though!)

My skin cleared up 95% but you're only on day 13 and my skin was still terrible until 2 months into the treatment (probably not what you wanted to hear but just being truthful!)

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 06/06/2013 4:18 am

Have you got any signs of scarring? It took me ages to get Roaccutane (seems they give it out a lot easier these days) and I wish I'd got it earlier!

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 06/07/2013 5:37 am

That is a bit strange if you're not having blood tests done but to be honest mine were fine every month and I drank when on the drug (I know you shouldn't)

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 06/14/2013 7:56 am

Day 22

Skin is still awful. Painful large spots now and I'm off tomorrow to a festival for the weekend. :/ I'm determined not to let my skin dictate how much fun I have but I know I'm going to be horribly self concious whilst I'm there. Urgh, least I see my dermatologist next week so maybe he can offer some advice for this awful initial breakout.

Side effects wise, lips still awful and skin dry. My joints also ache today a lot but hopefully this won't last long.

Hope everyone else's skin is being kind! X

Hang in there! And you've got exactly the right attitude... don't let your skin dictate how much fun you have indeed! I have never let it stop me doing stuff although I can see why it would stop people!

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 06/16/2013 2:03 pm

Buy some Aloe Vera Vaseline and absolutely pile it on before you go to bed as they'll only get worse unfortunately!

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 06/19/2013 2:06 pm

Either that or try the cocoa butter one... The normal one didn't help as much.

Th low dose might be to not over dry your skin as I made that mistake! More isn't always better.

Honestly though, I saw nxt to no difference the first month... Chin up :)

MemberMember
(@lhs211)

Posted : 06/30/2013 12:54 pm

How are you doing mittensxo?

MemberMember
(@muttnchops)

Posted : 07/05/2013 3:58 am

Hey mittens! Glad to hear you're staying positive, its all in the perspective :) Im less than a week behind you on the tane treatment with very similar results, still getting breakouts on my cheeks but seem to be clearing(fingers crossed). I keep wanting to get frustrated too but that's much too easy, to sit back and just feel bad for myself. Much better use of my time to focus on enjoying the little things!

It seems to me like the majority of people don't see improvements till at least somewhere in month two, but most still don't see them until the middle of month three. We just gotta keep on going and be patient.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 07/08/2013 6:27 pm

Hey, we're almost on the same day and I started at 20mg as well for the first 30 days. I was surprised at how much of a difference it made in my skin at such a low dose even though I still have a long way to go. I've been on 40mg since the second month started and I'm making pretty steady progress. I totally agree that being on accutane makes it so much easier to be positive about the whole thing. Good luck, hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.