Notifications
Clear all

Clindamycin Woes!

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 05/28/2013 7:46 am

My doctor said this wouldn't cause a purge but one area of my cheek has completely erupted in tiny whiteheads. A few are quite painful. I don't want to stop using it as I can tell it is clearing up the rest of my face but I'm unsure why it is purging just one area of my face. Did anyone else experience this? How long did it last before that cleared up too?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:16 am

i am not sure if clindamycin does cause purging.

i'd started using quite long ago,so i dont quite remember.

but recently i started using (clindamycin + nicotinamide) gel and i feel i have got a few tiny bumps/whiteheads etc.

but u see i spot treat mainly so,its a trouble to figure out whether or not it break out.

how r the whiteheads?bumpy with pus?

tiny?

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 05/28/2013 12:50 pm

They are mostly small red bumps that seem to turn into whiteheads. I had an itch the other day and I accidentally caught one of the bumps which made it bleed profusely. I don't know if clindamycin is causing these and making my acne worse or not! It seems to be working everywhere else.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:23 pm

itch?

so,they could be similar to mine u know.

even my bumps itch now and then.

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 05/28/2013 8:59 pm

I just hope these will clear up. I know I haven't given it enough time but I am so anxious! Also, I have been wondering if my makeup is making it worse?! I don't know....I question everything I do now.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/28/2013 9:03 pm

I used Clindamycin for 6 months it helped with the acne but never to prevent them

I has the solution it was like tear drops

I let a drop on my face and spread it.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/30/2013 6:25 pm

Clindamycin did cause me to break out at first but it wasn't purging. It was just because it was irritating that area of my skin, making the acne worse there. Is your skin more sensitive in that area? I

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 05/31/2013 4:50 pm

yeah I feel the same way....I decided today to stop using the clindamycin and just use my tretinoin. I think its the clindamycin breaking me out more

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 06/07/2013 9:12 pm

Well, all the spots are just now healing and my skin is looking better. It still doesn't prevent new acne. But it seems to be healing it quicker.